twenty eight

Hana had never been to a school dance before, that was evident.

Hyori decided not to comment on the girls dance skills, although she really wanted to tell her to loosen up just a little. "Are you having fun?"

"Yeah!" Hyori gushed, nonetheless, even if it was forced. "I'm gonna go get a drink, I'll bring you one."

Hana therefore stood in the corner, out of sight, out of mind, right?

"Hey," a voice said from her right. It was a boy who she shared one P.E class with. "Do you wanna dance?"

"Have you not just seen me dance and embarrass myself all night?" She chuckled.

"Why else do you think I asked?" He chuckled. "Juyeon, by the way. We share, like, one class."

Hana nodded, that's what she had thought. But still, this was a strange encounter. "Wait. I can't dance with you."

"Why not?" The boy seemed offended, his face falling.

"Because, you're this amazing dancer!" Hana recalled how talented he was in the school talent shows. "You want me to dance with you so you'll look even better and I'll look worse?"

Juyeon let out a loud chuckle, the two laughing as he offered his hand. "You've rumbled me. But, I'm not sure if you could look much worse."

With that, the girl was sold. He was witty, slightly offensive with the best intentions - to have a joke.

They danced for half of the night. She was amazed by his skills and tried to follow his lead pathetically. He laughed at her lack of skills and enjoyed himself for once.

"Hana?" Juyeon smiled breathlessly as the girl placed her hands upon her knees.

"You," she breathed out, chuckling as she pointed her finger at him. "You're trying to kill me, I'm terrible at this."

"Maybe you are," he admitted, the two laughing in the middle of the dance floor. "But I think it's cute. I could teach you, sometime."

"I don't really think it's my forte," Hana smiled, taking his hand as a slower song came on. "I'll manage to mess this one up, too."

Surprisingly, she didn't. They talked casually and laughed under the lights, and for once, Hana thought she had forgotten about everything that was troubling her these last few months.

Her smile was genuine, anyone could see that.

Especially Kim Sunwoo, who stood by the entrance door in his shirt and bow tie, flowers in his hand.