eleven

"If you don't think he loves you," Taeyang sighed. "Then why are you still with him?"

Hana asked herself this many times before. It didn't feel any different when someone else asked.

"I don't know," she shrugged, looking up at the crescent moon. "I'm comfortable with him, you know?"

"Are you, though?" Her new friend smiled sadly. "Or are you scared of being alone, without him?"

Hana almost chuckled at her words, shaking her head. "I'm always alone, anyway."

"But with him you're maybe just a little less alone," she suggested, trying to make sense of the situation. "His friend gives you hell, and he does nothing about it. Haven't you ever wondered why?"

"I guess one of the things I first liked about him was that he was a mediator," she recalled the times Changmin caught her attention in classes. "I'm stubborn, so I guess I need that."

Taeyang nodded from beside the girl, the concrete tonight wasn't as cold on their legs as it usually was.

"Is he really a mediator, or does he just not care?"

Hana blinked harshly at the ground, her words ringing in her ears as though it was the worst thing she had ever heard.

But that was because someone else was speaking her thoughts to her.

"I don't know," she answered finally, her voice awkward as she stretched her legs. "Wanna go a walk?"

"Sure," Taeyang answered with a small smile, offering her hand to Hana as she stood up.

What they didn't notice was the boy who stood on the opposite side of the street, his red hair threatening to show he was watching them.

He shook his head, before tilting it and walking away.