twenty five

"Sunwoo was the one who kept giving you shit at school?"

Taeyang and Hana met again upon that kerbside, this time the shop owner who saw them every night noticed that they were more slouched over than usual, they looked sadder than usual too.

"Yeah," Hana chuckled, shaking her head. "We gave each other shit, constantly."

"Now, not so much?" Taeyang enquired.

"No," she replied somewhat sadly. "Not anymore."

Since that night, Hana noticed that Sunwoo sat with different people at school. He was leaving soon, yet he still made that change. It made no sense to the girl.

What also didn't make sense was that for someone who was usually so quiet, he was actually living up to that perception.

Hana was so used to him constantly bickering in her ear that everything felt somewhat empty now. "Have you spoken to him since?"

"Changmin?" Taeyang asked, her friend nodding. "Now, why the hell would I do that?"

"I don't know," Hana shrugged, looking across the empty street. "I know how it feels to have loved him, you know."

The girl beside her sighed deeply. "Yeah, but when you step back and think about it all - it was never really love, was it? For either of us."

Silence overcame the two as they thought about the once sweet boy with the charming smile.

"If you have to manipulate someone the whole time into staying with you," Taeyang continued, shrugging. "Then it wasn't real. It was one sided and controlling. I think he liked it that way."

Hana smiled sadly at the girl who then rested her head upon her shoulder, offering her hand again.

"I haven't known you long, but," the girl smiled. "I wouldn't let a boy split us up."

Hana sucked in a deep breath as they simply sat there, holding hands.

Sunwoo sucked in a deep breath when he saw the sight before him. He desperately needed to go into the store, but passing the two, especially Hana, didn't seem too ideal right now.

But it was too late. Her eyes fluttered open and she sat up straight, disturbing Taeyang gently.

He was watched by the two of them as he disappeared into the store. Maybe he would take longer in there on purpose. "How does Sunhee feel about him moving away?"

Hana was genuinely curious. The girl seemed nice enough. "She isn't bothered, really."

"Well," she shrugged. "It isn't exactly long distance, anyway."

"Not that," Taeyang chuckled casually. "They aren't together anymore, so..."

Hana glanced over, her eyes slightly wide but they narrowed again when she saw the look on Taeyang's face. "Why?"

"She just didn't think they were right for each other," she explained, smiling ever so slightly as Hana looked away. "I think she felt that way for a while."

Hana nodded slowly, somewhat awkwardly. "Well, that's a shame," she sympathised. "I think anyone is too good for Kim Sunwoo."

Taeyang chuckled, shaking her head. "I agree, but he'll be right for someone."

"Yeah," she sucked in a deep breath. "Someone."