you feel insecure (requested)

"Y/N? I'm coming in," Yujin said from the other side of the door before it opened.

She saw you gazing into the stand-up mirror in your shared bedroom, knelt on the hardwood floor in front of it.

She let out a soft gasp, completely amazed over how beautiful you looked in the stunning red dress that you picked out for tonight.

IVE has been nominated for a huge award and because this night was extremely important to Yujin and the girls, she wanted you to tag along.

It sounded so fun and you instantly agreed.

You bought a breathtaking dress just for the occasion and Yujin had seen it, although you planned to wait until tonight to let her see you in it.

"Whoa, darling. You look gorgeous." She said as she stepped closer to you. "Are you ready to go?" She asked as she set her hands on your shoulders.

"No." You quietly spoke. "I don't know if I want to go."

"What? Why?" She asked and you detected the sadness in her voice immediately.

"Because..." You said as you stood up, looking at her with worry. "I don't feel very good about myself right now."

"What do you mean?"

"I just don't think I look good. I don't like the way this dress looks on me. I thought when I got it that it did but now, tonight, I don't feel great about myself."

"Oh, my love," she sighed as she took your hands into hers. "You look so beautiful."

"You're just saying that. You're my girlfriend, you have to."

"No, baby, I'm not just saying that. I mean it. I mean it with all of my heart. I can't believe you feel so insecure when you are taking my breath away more than ever right now."

"Really?" You mumbled as your sad eyes met hers.

"Yes. Baby, you're so beautiful. I hate that you feel this way about yourself. I wish that you could see yourself through my eyes because you deserve to feel good about yourself and I wish that you could see just how perfect you are."

You leaned in for a hug, laying your head on her chest.

"I've never been to an award show. I just want to look good."

"You do." She said as she stared at you adoringly. "You always look good, baby. You are going to leave everyone speechless tonight."

You cracked a smile at that and it warmed her heart immensely.

"I love you so much." You said.

"I love you too, beautiful girl." She smiled before leaning in to give you a kiss. "If you don't want to come, if you feel too uncomfortable, I'll understand. But just know that I think you look stunning and nothing matters more than that."

You thought about it for a second before making your choice.

"I'll come with you."

Her eyes lit up.

"If you promise to hold my hand the whole time."

"Oh, trust me, pretty girl. I won't be letting it go." She said as she intertwined her fingers with yours.

"Thank you." You smiled and kissed her cheek.

"You're stunning; inside and out, and I know that everyone is going to be mesmerized by you. I can't wait to show you off and for them all to realize that I'm the lucky one that gets to call you mine. All mine."