Oneshot3 - Saving Grace (Darius ver)

Continuation to the episode "Hollow Mind"
Slight warning this is angsty with comfort ???

————————————————

...I can't go back....He'll kill me

What do I do?? No one'll believe me

I don't belong here I don't belong here I don't....

Hunters thoughts raced through his mind as he sprinted through the forest. Tears running down the sides of his cheeks as the cold wind stung his crimson eyes. Among his thoughts he couldn't help but hear Belos' words to him earlier.

...

"I say "The Titan has big plans for you," and he does what he's told."

...

"Out of all the Grimwalkers, you looked the most like him."

...

"He's... a better version of an old friend..."

...

"GET. OUT. OF. MY. HEAD!!!!!" Hunter screams pulling his hair and collapsing to the ground. Squeezing his eyes shut he trembles, all of his energy finally giving out as he lets his feelings finally burst. All the regret, trauma, disappointment, self hatred and betrayal he felt was finally brought to the surface as he crouches on the damp forest floor.

Flapjack hopped beside the blonde boy and let out a sorrowful chirp gaining the boys attention. Hunter looked at his palisman through his tear-filled eyes. "Why did you choose me..." He asked, voice cracking showing how truly broken he was inside."you deserve better than me... e-everyone does...I- I never should've let you into my life...especially since all I do is screw things up like the idiot I am. All I'm good for is ruining peoples lives...why let me ruin yours..."

As Hunter said this flapjack hopped closer to him and rubbed against his palm on the floor. A single tear fell on flapjack as he met Hunter's gaze above him as the boy continued. "Hah and get this, I was such a big disappointment that my own family had to clone me over 20 times. Y-you know that??!? W-why would they do that??!? Why-" Hunter cut himself off as his tears rushed in once again.

The little red bird wanted to try his best to comfort the boy but he knew full well he couldn't do it alone, though it was a stretch to leave him, Flapjack flew off into the forest to find some other help.

Through the tears Hunter didn't even realize flapjack went missing (thank goodness, if so it would've been a lot worse) the witchling just kept trying to keep out the memories from playing back in his mind as the sun began to set upon the boiling isles.

Darius' POV

I was so invested on trying to think up a plan on dealing with the coven guards now surrounding the owl house that I barely noticed the all familiar cardinal palisman that approached me while chirping in my ear. It flew almost frantically over to me before perching itself on my palm.  Recognizing the etched scar on its left eye, my whole body went from harsh thought to a state of fear. It was like something snapped.

HUNTER

NONONO GOD PLEASE TELL ME HE'S OK

I quickly drew back my memories. I remember seeing a figure run for the forest while everything was happening but at the moment my attention was mainly directed to the various guards surrounding the owl house, I didn't think much of it. Let alone I never thought it would be Hunter.