II - Concern

.
🍁
.

Hunter trudged through the halls. The walls that seemed to almost stretch to the sky, as he felt so little. He would stalk the walkways in utter shame, the blood that stained his left shoulder being evident proof of that. As he'd clutch onto his shoulder now, just forcing himself on the path back to the privacy of his room. With any possible guards he passed by during his venture, they'd just be staring at him. Staring at his shame, and watching.

They didn't have the gall to say anything.
And he'd hoped he'd been at least saved with such silence, but alas.. It seemed luck never was on his side. In his disgruntled walk of shame, he'd find himself bumping into a larger figure. A dark purple chest plate with a gold collar and pointed shoulders. Those light purple pants, some sort of lavender shade. White, mid-length gloves that protected their hands that probably never got themselves dirty. Those white-heeled boots with purple toes. And of course, the pink side cape. It rested, originating from their left shoulder. Personally, Hunter wasn't fully a fan of the color scheme. However, he at least gave them credit for pulling off an interesting look when you're head of a coven.

His bad shoulder had hit right into their cape, as Hunter immediately spun to meet their eyes- Bright green eyes that were initially filled with disdain, only to soften to shock and confusion once they got a single good look at him. They'd originally speak with an angered, "HOW DARE—-" Probably annoyed someone had run into and ruined their precious clothing. But they immediately stopped once they saw the bloodied-white cape, and then the golden arm band to signify his identity.

That shift from anger to a softer tone, however, didn't calm or reassure the younger at all. No, they'd flinched at their initial angered tone. Immediately raising their arms to protect themselves for fear they might have to return to their room with yet another injury. This sudden, fast movement, also reopened the wound on their shoulder. The blood starting again, and the stained splotch becoming even thicker. He silently seethed his breath in a disgruntled sensation of pain.

Darius would stare in shock for only a moment's worth, before shaking his head, and lightly placing a hand on Hunter's right shoulder, as he observed the growing blood on the left. However, hunter would flinch and pull away from the touch. Darius stared for a moment, frowning, before the man pulled his hand away. Whatever the case, he still turned to the other, hissing with a, "What the hell happened?"

Although his words seemed harsh, they were also.. full of worry. Concern. Maybe they pitied him. Maybe they see him as some weak kid that needs protecting, or this kid that shouldn't even be here. Because he didn't belong in this place. He was such a sore sight, wasn't he?
As Hunter gritted his teeth, stepping away. "It's fine, I'm fine." He'd reasoned. Almost sounding in denial with how he spoke that. Well, maybe he was in a bit of denial.

At this, Darius stared, before sighing. Taking not a moment's longer, covering Hunter in abomination goo. Not bothered enough to have some heartfelt chit-chat when there was a child  currently bleeding. The would-be rising scout yelped in surprise, "What the-" Instantaneous. As the goo ceded, he found himself standing in the clinic. Witches a part of the healing coven, whom turned to stare at him in shock- Before quickly setting him down, and tending to his wounds before he could even be given a chance to react. And he didn't bother attempting to argue, allowing them to simply mend the wound on his shoulder.

Their hands glowing, as they held their fingers raised over the wound. He didn't bother to react. Just slumping a bit, and looking away. Huffing for a moment, narrowing his eyes from behind the mask. It was good that his most visible wounds were being treated, but the whole shame of everything that occurred had still lingered. And for everyone to see him now like this now, as if he putting on some sort of show. The newest drama, or gossip of today. It was utterly disgraceful. He was supposed to be a teenage prodigy. The nephew of the emperor, not.. this frail, magic-less figure. A weak figure that was bleeding heavily from the shoulder just because his uncle got a little, what Hunter saw to be reasonable, pissed.