Chapter 9: My Name Is...

Start from the beginning

Ozpin: Mr. Light, welcome back.

Gryphon: I heard you were attacked while I was gone.

Ozpin: Yes. Criminals in Mountain Glenn get the drop on us, but it won't happen again.

Gryphon raised a doubtful eyebrow at that statement, but kept his opinion to himself. The girl at his side was hidden under an old cloak he found in an old storage box.

She tried to look up at him despite being only a head shorter, but the hood fell over her face in a comical manner which elicited a chuckle from him

She tried to look up at him despite being only a head shorter, but the hood fell over her face in a comical manner which elicited a chuckle from him. This caught Glynda's eye.

Glynda: Who's this?

Coming up with a cover faster than lightning, Gryphon said-

Gryphon: I found her after I...liberated a bandit camp out in the sand. Human traffickers.

Glynda shuddered at the thought of humans selling other intelligent beings for their own profit. Gryphon came down the ramp and the girl followed as closely as she could.

Ozpin: She's clearly old enough to be a student. Does she have a name?

Gryphon: I don't know. They only gave her enough food and drink to survive the bare minimum. Her voice is sandpaper and I can't understand a word she says.

Ozpin: Alright, this takes priority then. Take her to the cafeteria, lunch is about to start soon. We can talk later.

Gryphon nods and walks with the girl back to beacon. As they pass him, Ozpin catches a glimpse of her golden hair that reminds him of something odd.

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

Gryphon watched the girl eat with surprise. The speed at which she was eating was directly comparable to the ravenous nature of Hive Thralls. He distinctly remembered himself and his fireteam watching a Thrall go ham on the last Burger King.

Gryphon: Slow down, you'll choke if you don't.

Heeding his warning, she calmed down and paced herself. His table was currently the center of attention.

"Is that his daughter?!"

"She's barely older than any of us!"

"She's adorable!"

Gryphon couldn't help but wonder what having a daughter would be like. He, Petra, and Mara are a little too preoccupied with preventing the end of the universe to think that far into the future. Besides, this girl was more like a younger sister than a daughter, she is nearly the same age as when he first died permanently.