Louis entered the bedroom to see Harry laying in the bed.
"Love?" the boy stirred, his eyes fluttering open.

"H-hi." he squeaked. The younger one had no idea his mother just smiled at the sound of his voice.

"How was your day?" Louis asked him.

Harry slowly sat up.
"I did nothing, I slept the whole day." he looked down, not feeling good about it.

"It's good that you rested."
Louis noticed the boy left his bandana on his bedside table today. It wasn't usual for him.

Harry noticed how Louis' eyes lingered over his very, very short hair.

"Oh, I need to put it on." he was about to turn around but Louis stopped him by grabbing his wrists.

"You don't have to." Louis shook his head.
"I need to tell you something." he said right after.

"What is it? Is it something bad?" the boy's brows furrowed.

"No, I don't think so. Someone is waiting for you in the living room."

"What?" Harry cocked his head to the side like a curious puppy.

Louis got up from the bed and Harry followed him.

When Anne realized they were about to come into the hallway, she made few steps back into the living room.

She watched the hallway closely, waiting for her son to appear.

She didn't have to wait much longer. Harry soon stood in front of her. He changed a lot as she realized but it was still her Harry.

"Mom?" the boy stopped when he was standing few steps away from her.

"Hey." she smiled at him.

"What? How did you get here?" Harry was shocked she was here. He really did not expect to see her here.

"Louis offered me to come see you and he gave me a lift." Harry couldn't believe his ears.
He turned around to look at his alpha.
"Really?" Louis just nodded small.

Harry needed to talk to him about it later.
"How are you?" she asked.

"I- I am alright." the boy said back.

"I will go unpack the groceries." Louis nudged Harry's waist subtly as he walked past him.

He listened to them as he began to unpack those bags. He once again realized how much he misses his own mother. He hated to admit it but... he really envied Harry.

•••
"It's getting late, I should go." Anne got up from her place on the couch.

"Okay." Harry whispered.

It went pretty well. Harry seemed to be warming up to her. He still needed some more time though.

"It was nice to- be here." Louis came in from the kitchen where he was hidden almost the whole visit.

"I can give you a lift." Louis offered.

"No, that's alright. I can-" but Louis was raised by Jay. He didn't take no as an answer in this case.

"I will just take my keys and we can go."

"Thank you." she whispered quietly.

•••
Louis stopped the car in front of Anne's place.

"Thank you again." she could leave now but for some reason she kept sitting there, looking into her lap.

"You had no reason to be so nice to me today." she paused before she carried on talking.
"Your mother raised you well. I am sorry for what I said to you, I didn't know."

Louis didn't like where this was going. He squeezed the steering wheel as he tried to push back the tears that started to form in his eyes.

"It's okay. How could you know?" his voice came off pretty high.

"Thank you for taking care of Harry. If you- ever need to talk about something, I am here. I know it's no lottery but still." she turned to look at Louis.

"I am alright, thank you. Ehm, I should go back to him." Louis didn't look at her once but he felt her eyes were fixed on him.

"Of course. Have a good night." and with those words she climbed out of the car.

As soon as she closed the door, a loud sob escaped Louis' mouth.

He quickly started the engine of the car, driving back home.

•••
When he entered the flat he was feeling relatively good again.

It was dark inside the whole flat with an only exception, the bedroom.

Louis walked into the hallway, ready to take a shower.
"I am back." he announced before he entered the bathroom. He wanted to shower before seeing Harry, he had to pull himself together.

Once he was done he put on his underwear and sweats, leaving his top half bare.

When he came into the bedroom he could see Harry's face was half covered with the duvet, only his eyes and top of his head were peeking out.

"What are you doing?" Louis chuckled as he approached the bed.

"Waiting for you." Harry pulled the duvet underneath his chin.

"Was today with your mother okay?"

"It was. I still can't look at her the way I did before though." Harry's brows furrowed momentarily.

"And what about you and her? Everything was alright?" he asked the older one.

"Yeah, she apologized. It sounded much more real than the last time. You saw for yourself, didn't you? She finally accepted us."

"Yeah. Thank you for taking her here and giving her a lift."

"I wouldn't let her go home alone." Louis shook his head.

"I know." Harry moved closer towards his alpha, burying his head in the hollow of his neck.
"How do you feel?" Harry whispered against his skin.

"I felt-" Harry removed his head from the hollow of Louis' neck in order to look at him.
"I know you miss your mother." the boy whispered carefully.
"And I am sorry." he added.

"It's okay love." Louis placed his hand on Harry's back, stroking it soothingly.

"You can always talk to me about it." Harry said in response.

Louis' corners raised into a slight smile.
He leaned closer towards the boy, capturing his lips in a tender kiss.

"You are too good for this world." Louis whispered when he pulled away.

——————————————————————————
A/N
Hello my loves.
I hope you had a great day. I know how stressful this period of time can be. I wish you all the best of luck.

Take care of yourselves. Don't forget to treat yourselves right, as you deserve.

I love you all.<33

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜