Chapter 20: Damuel, my brother who was also a villain

Start from the beginning

He threw the scroll beside me and grabbed my hand.

"Did you stab your hand or something?"

He was finding a scar or a prick hole on my palm and my finger but there was nothing.

'Of course there was nothing on my hand because I just bit my lips for the blood.'

My brother glanced from my feet to my head while holding my hand.

"Gah! Stop it brother, you're hurting my hand!"

I then withdraw my hand from him.

"Why are you being stinky to your own brother?"

He was raising one of his eyebrows.

"Why not?" I said while biting the bottom of my lips

My lips hurt a little and when my brother noticed my lips, he grabbed my chin gingerly.

"So you bite your lips instead?" He asked me while his face was frowning.

He got me. I was being careless.

"Fine. I really did use my lips." I answered him and picked the scroll beside me. "I was trying to make this work okay??"

Astounded by my answer, He sat beside me on the bed then grabbed the scroll from my hand and spread it on the bed.

"You're supposed to sign this." He said while pointing somewhere on the scroll.

My face got flustered after what happened.

'This is so shameful......'

I can't believe It didn't work because I didn't put my signature on it.

Grace was hiding her laughter away from us in the corner of the room.

"....I-Is that so?"

"Pfft....Bwahahah!"

My flustered expression causes him to titter.

"Stop laughing brother Damuel! you're embarrassing me!"

"Hahaha!" He then stops for a moment. "Where did you even get this scroll?"

I glanced at Grace at the corner of the room and pointed at her.

"I commanded that servant and she did."

"Whoah." Damuel was amazed as he moved his face and looked at Grace.

Now that me and my brother were looking at her, Grace was having a cold sweat. She was fiddling her hands with a quizzical face.

"Uhmm... Greetings..?"

Damuel turned his face back to me again while pointing at her.

"She gave you the scroll?"

"Yep, she did."

Damuel narrowed his eyes as he waved his hand to Grace saying: "You servant, come here."

I can see Grace's eyes were scared. Nonetheless, she came closer to Damuel after she saw him waving at her.

"What is it, young master?" Despite being terrified, he answered it calmly.

Damuel folded the scroll and showed it to Grace.

"Where did you get this? Servants can't have this." Damuel was asking her while holding the scroll in front of us.

"F-from the Archpriest."

"How come the Archpriest gives a magical scroll to a servant?"

Damuel was mocking Grace's position because she was a mere commoner.

I was looking at Damuel's face who was treating Grace with contempt.

'He really is one of the villains.'

He's part of the villains' family after all that's why he had a scary face and that also includes me.

"Stop jeering at my servant, brother Damuel."

After he heard my serious voice, he glared at me and so did I glared back at him with my eyes darker than his.

"Bien." Damuel then nodded his head.

"The Archpriest was the one who took me to this place." Grace suddenly opened her mouth and came closer to Damuel.

"This scroll-" She pointed her finger to the scroll and grabbed it with care. "This scroll is for the young miss."

Damuel was speechless and then he moved his eyes to me and said, "You have a loyal dog, little sister."

"That's very rude to call a human being a dog." I replied.

Damuel raised his hand and rubbed my cheeks.

"Yes yes, by the way I saw Baron Kischer on my way here."

Damuel seems to be changing the topic after I showed him my displeased face. Is he perhaps a sistercon?

"I don't know Baron Kischer, who's that anyways?" I shrugged, asking him.

"Baron Kischer Ophiaza, that old hag who had a disgusting aura."

Damuel was showing his disgusted face while mentioning Baron Kischer.