"Just go away!" My voice finds itself, my mind muddled with my jumble of thoughts.

I'm at the stairs now, ready to escape. I step forward - then my clumsiness kicks in. My stupid clumsiness.

In a flash I trip over the first step, expecting to go tumbling down the flight of stairs. However, I'm stopped, a pair of hands rescuing me just in time: thankfully for my already injured wings, but regretfully for my mind which didn't want to face this confrontation. Not at all. I had been running for so long to avoid it; to just avoid confronting what was in front of me.

"You need to stop running away," Meliodas' voice was firm as he lifts me over his shoulder.

I frown at this, knowing that I was well and truly caught. Something I had tried my best to avoid, but ultimately failed at.

"Meliodas, let me go now!" I kick and flail, trying to escape him but he simply shakes his head, chuckling. 

A huff escapes me, my mind knowing that this wasn't the least bit funny or enjoyable. In fact it was terrible. But not because I was captured against my will, but rather because I felt helpless. Useless.

How could I even make a change if I couldn't escape one person? Let alone tell them how disappointed - no betrayed - I felt that they were doing something we'd both promised not to do. Granted I had done the same, but now I was regretting it and was trying desperately to amend it, whereas Meliodas seemed to brush it aside and act as if he wasn't doing anything wrong. Like what he was doing was just a piece of idle gossip that no-one wanted to hear about.

"Not unless you listen to me," I glance over my shoulder to see that he was serious, his green eyes slightly darkened. 

Clearly, Meliodas wanted to talk this out. Fitting since I usually was the sort to talk things out rationally, but right now I don't know what to do. I'm hurt, betrayed and not in the least bit thinking rationally. Not at all. I haven't been for a while. Right now I was just focused on getting as far away from here as possible and perhaps crying for a while.

Yes, crying would definitely help. It is said to be the cleansing of the soul. A way to lift the pressures from your mind and let it all out. But I wouldn't do it here. Not in front of him or anyone. I'll hold it in until I burst and then I'd confront that issue with the others. 

But that didn't mean my mood wouldn't reflect that. And so it betrayed me, the hurt and anger evident in my tone.

"No," My answer comes out stroppily, with me folding my arms and turning away from him. I even throw in a pout to show how peeved I was, but I doubt he saw it anyway. It's better that way, though, as I probably looked like a child. Then he'd most likely say something about it in a joke-like format. An attempt to cheer me up that would ultimately fail and probably piss me off further.

"Then I'll keep you up there," Meliodas answered simply, a shrug following.

He then begins to walk away from the stairway, still carrying me with him. Of course he does. I watch as the stairway slowly gets smaller and smaller. Each step further away from escape was torture really. A slow torture of the mind and moral as I fight with talking it out with Meliodas or reflecting my own thoughts of anger and betrayal. Two very tempting thoughts. And due to Meliodas not letting me go, I opt for being difficult and continue to kick and struggle within his grasp. This lasted for around five minutes before I decide to give up, my legs tired from kicking and my resolve to be angry burned out.

"Fine, I'll listen," It comes out in a monotone. A mere whisper. However I can tell he's slightly brightened up with it. Slightly but not completely.

"How do I know you won't run off again?" Meliodas mused, and I can see the grin although he most likely isn't back to his normal mood.