Military Headquarters

Start from the beginning

Prime Minister's convoy left the premises of military headquarters. Adi and Muthukumaran sat in his car followed by Ranjan in the next car.

Military General: Rain is not being merciful.

He said observing the torrential downpour.

Adi: Let it rain, Colonel. Country will be fertile and people will be happy.

Military General: You have really done a great job with Niru islands, Sir. Their flood control plan is thoughtful and well planned.

Adi: We had to do it, Colonel. People were suffering alot. Enaku therinja naal le irundhe Niru islands ku indha prachanai irundhutte irukku. I'm happy with the development.

His face beamed with a smile when he answered. General was able to see the people's leader in Adi. He understood why people celebrated him.

As they were talking, they stopped before a tunnel.

Adi: What happened?

Ranjan came running towards the car with an umbrella.

Ranjan: Boss, supply track slid down in the tunnel due to rain.

Adi: Is anyone injured??

Ranjan: Supply truck le oru 5 per vandhurukanga. No one is injured, boss. But the tunnel is still under construction. Ippo indha accident vera. I don't think we are safe to cross it.

Adi: Is everyone saved?

Ranjan: Soldiers are working in bringing them out safely. Due to rain, there is no radio communication. Signals are cut. We are stuck here.

Adi: Let's go and help them.

Ranjan: Sir, please stay here. Your safety is important.

Military General: Yes sir. He is right. Please stay here. We will help them.

Ranjan: We have men with us, boss.

Adi: When did you start deciding for me, Ranjan?

Ranjan: Boss.

He said helplessly.

Adi: Don't worry. Let's stop worrying about me. Let's go and help them. Edhir le irukradhu military truck.

Ranjan understood his intention. After last night's conversation, he was extremely wary about his boss's security.

Adi got down from the car and rolled his sleeves up and ran towards the tunnel with his men.

The truck was lying on its side and two soldiers were already out of the truck. Three were stuck in the truck.

They bowed down when they saw their PM. Adi climbed the truck to see their positions.

Adi: Two of them are stuck with their legs. They are soldiers. They cannot lose their legs.

He said thoughtfully.

Military General: Sir, we can lift the truck and release them. But...

Adi: We have enough men, Colonel. My guards are strong. Aren't you guys?

They responded 'yes sir' in chorus.

Adi: we cannot wait for crane lift in this rain. We will work together and save them.

Adi said his instructions quickly. They started lifting the truck from one side. It slowly moved and few of the securities were able to grab one soldier stuck under the truck.

Adi shouted: Only two more... We can do that...

Ranjan noticed the crack in the roof of the tunnel.

Ranjan: Boss, tunnel is in poor condition. Rain isn't helping. Let's go out please.

He whispered to his boss.

Adi: I noticed it. If we work together, we can bring everyone out.

Ranjan: You're so stubborn, boss.

Adi smiled in return.

They were able to save the other two soldiers in no time. Adi sharpened his ears as the crack expanded.

Adi: Soldiers, quick... Make it faster.. Let's run out of this tunnel.

Adi's guards surrounded him as they ran out. The crack further intensified.

Adi: Come on guys, don't give up.

They all ran towards the entrance and reached the end of tunnel.

Ranjan was relieved to see his boss safe.

Adi: Ranjan... Your father is stuck inside.

Ranjan: Boss, I'll go.

Adi ran towards the tunnel before anyone reacted.

Adi: Nobody should follow me. Prime Minister's order.

He gestured his hand towards Ranjan and his guards. Ranjan looked at Adi's disappearing figure helplessly.

After a few minutes, Ranjan noticed Adi's silhouette at the tunnel's entrance with his father at his back.

He was momentarily relieved and suddenly heard a bomb sound at the top of the hill which resulted in a landslide.

Adi noticed it and started running faster. Landslide quickly covered the entrance and Ranjan ran towards the entrance only to find his father lying on the ground

Military General: He... He... He got stuck inside... He threw me away. He got stuck..

Sir... Sir...

He started crying on his knees.

Ranjan started tearing up...

Ranjan: I failed....

-------

In somewhere else...

Rajeev: He got stuck inside the tunnel....

Big guy... Did you notice a funny thing??? Ellarum konnu podhaippanga... Naan avane podhaichu konnuten...

Big guy hid his feelings and smiled.

Big guy: You won, Boss.

-------

Suhasini fainted once she heard the news of her husband's accident.

*Author's note: Hello folks, it's really been a long time since I updated a chapter. Neraiya busy. I'm sorry for leaving the story stranded for a long time. Adikadi update panna try pandren. Professional ahvum busy personal ah vum konjam busy. Adhan late... Mannichu😅

Chapter epdi irukku nu sollunga... Pidicha votes and comments podunga...

Your votes are my boost😍😍😍😍