Haunted House

'You love me and that is enough for me.'

Suhasini ran towards the Haunted house quickly. The guards stopped her when she reached the entrance.

Guard: Ma'am, you cannot enter.

Suhasini: My daughter is stuck inside.

Guard: We have guards inside. Please give us sometime.

Suhasini: You listen to me. I'm the one calling shots here. Take care of this boy until I come back. I don't want anyone to enter.

They never saw her enraged. She had always been polite with them. But this time, she was strictly ordering them. She leaned towards the little boy who looked scared and nervous.

Suhasini: Yash, Look.. your momma is going to be fine.. Aunty promise you that I'll bring your momma back. You just need to stay with this uncle.

You promise??

He nodded his head quickly. She dashed inside the house. Guards quickly called Adi and informed him about the issue.

Suhasini was not able to cross the second door as the room was so small. She started sweating. Her breaths became irregular. She still took steps towards the next room.

She was drifting and found it harder to concentrate on the path. She then heard a faint voice. It was Nasya.

She rushed towards the room from where the voice came. She slowly opened the room to see a man standing in front of Nasya. He was pointing his gun on her head. Monica was on floor holding her leg. She was heavily wounded and bleeding.

Suhasini shook her head to keep herself conscious.

Nasya: Uncle, Don't kill me.. If you kill me, you will be punished by the law.

Assassin: who are you kidding, girl??? They cannot catch me... I'll kill you, then you're momma.. and leave without any scratch.

He still didn't find out it was Monica in front of him as the room was dimly lit.

Nasya: Please don't kill us. You're not going to get anything..

Assassin: I was offered in lakhs to kill you and your momma..

Nasya: You will not get that money, uncle..

Assassin: How can you confidently say??

Nasya: We are surrounded by guards.

Assassin: I locked all the guards inside a room in this house.

Suhasini could make out from their conversation that Nasya was stalling for time. She took long breath before going behind that guy.

She suddenly pushed him and quickly grabbed the gun from his hand.

As he was attacked from behind, it took a minute for him to sit back and look properly.

Suhasini pointed the gun on him. He saw her hand trembling.

Assassin: Do you think you can kill me with your trembling gun?

He laughed. She laughed maniacally. He was confused. She then leaned forward towards him.

Suhasini: Do you know something... I'm not worried about this gun. This is Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm pistol. Shortly An handgun. You thought you can kill us with this toy??

She said pointing the gun placed on his hand.

Suhasini: You know what I'm really worried about??? It's my hand.. it's trembling.. I have my daughter here.. I never wanted to see her bloody bath.