35

Author POV
chaehyun tried to find a hotel to stay temporarily, but every hotel are full and no extra room for her.

well, there is one hotel that has room, she guessed.

"what's your name miss?"

"ji chaehyun.", she replied.

"a-ah, miss ji, please wait for a while.", the staff went to ask another staff nearby.

"hey hyun, was ji chaehyun the one who got banned?" the other nodded head.

the staff said to her, "im sorry miss ji, but our hotel is fulled."

that took her the whole day.

her phone suddenly rang and she picked up the call, "jiyeon!!!" the woman in the call got excited as she heard her best friend's voice for a long time, "chaehyun!!!"

"why did you call me?", chaehyun asked.

"oh! i wanted to ask if you are still busy working. i went to your place but it's locked so i thought you are away from home.", jiyeon replied.

"umm jiyeon... about that, i moved out of the house.", chaehyun said.

"WHAT?!"

"i will explain to you later bestie, can i stay at your place for now? hotels are packed and no more room for me. pleaseeee?"

"of course!"

-
Chaehyun POV
i explained the things about how i moved out of my house to jiyeon and juyeon, who's there too to listen.

"so... you and hyunjae hyung broke up?", juyeon asked. i just hummed, "yeah..." "who's hyunjae? oh? was he the one that answered my call last time?", jiyeon asked and i nodded.

"damn, you didn't have to move out just because you broke up with him. but i understand though, he is a pain in the ass.", jiyeon said and chuckled.

i just smiled weakly, i miss him already.

"oh noona! do you need a lift to work then? i can bring you because i have driver license already!", juyeon said, pushing his imaginary sunglasses up his nose bridge, acting cool.

"but you don't have a car, dumbass!", his sister smacked his head lightly. "ouch! yah noona look! your best friend always hit me by the back of my head!", juyeon complained.

"yah why are you so childish today?! did you eat wrong medicine hmm?"

i silent laughed at his silliness, he's still this goofy. the two suddenly all eyes on me when i looked at them, and they went to hug me. "if you want to talk, remember you have me."

"and me too noona!!!"

i felt a hand patted my head, and another one rubbing my back.

-

the other two went to work the next day, leaving me alone at their place, since i quitted my job.

i looked at the gallery inside my phone. the latest pictures were me and hyunjae. pictures of him being mischievous using my phone and took some selfies, him eating and doing things, or us in one frame.

i remembered of times when...

i looked at hyunjae who's sleeping soundly, snoring softly. i hold my chuckle while taking some pictures of him, he's so cute.

and this one time where he took my phone and took a picture of himself, saying that he looked too good to not take a picture of. saying that i might regret if i never have this picture of him someday when i recall back our memories.

especially this day where i took a video of him playing with a puppy. he smiled so brightly because finally a puppy liked him.

this picture of him smiling widely because he won in a bet and i had to pay for our dinner.

looking at those while replaying our memories in my mind, tears are rolling down on my cheeks, i let out a few sobs. "i missed you... hyunjae.", i covered my mouth after a hiccup.

i can't stop the tears. i told myself that the last time im lingering on him was the last day of us being together. i cried a lot more when i cleared the pictures.

i should move on from him, now.

-
Hyunjae POV
looking at the company phone, i remembered of the times when i called chaehyun just to say 'i love you' and cheer her up.

the days when i called her to meet me so i can cuddle with her, or kiss her, or get to hold her soft hands, or just to see her.

i missed her so much, where is she right now? is she eating well? does she misses me too like i do? even a bit? or did she already moved on from me?

the door suddenly burst opened.

"miss kim you cannot enter— im so sorry boss.", jacob apologised with a 90 degree bow as sena just walked to me. i signalled him to close the door before he leave, and he did.

"what do you want?", i asked coldly as i looked away.

"you knew your father announced that i am your fiancée!! why did you deny in front of everyone hmm?!", she shouted as she slammed her palms on my table.

bet my table got hurt by her dirty hands.

"why shouldn't i deny? i didn't agree to marry you duh.", i replied shortly.

she laughed, "but what's more important is that your father agreed, hyunjae don't tell me you still like that slut?! she's just a nobody!!! you're the boss's son and rich enough! you shouldn't marry to someone who has low status in the world, especially her whose father is dead in a car accident—"

"shut up and leave my office before i get the guards to drag you away. it would ruin your reputation, miss kim.", i spat out. how dare she shit my chaehyun in front of me?!

"you—"

"and, never call me as your fiance, no not even hyunjae. you're nobody in this company, i do not want to see you, ever again!!!", i shouted.

she glared at me one last time before leaving the office by herself.

great, at least the guards dont have to dirty their hands too. i called jacob and asked him to prepare clean water and a cloth for me to sanitise my office table.

---