27

Author POV
chaehyun woke up and walked to hyunjae's room lazily. she wanted to greet the boy happy birthday but he's not on his own bed.

"happy— wait he's not here."

she went to the living room to see a plate of toasts and two boiled eggs. there's a paper on the table too. she picked the paper up and read it.

"goodmorning babe, im leaving early today so eat these for breakfast."

she frowned and went to clean herself up before taking her breakfast and start her working hours.

as she was putting down her stuff on her table, there's a cup of coffee there with a sticky note. "what—", she took the note off the paper cup and read it while taking a sip of the coffee.

"come inside the office."

"what is he up to...", she mumbled to herself and put down everything else before knocking on the door. "come in!"

she went inside the office, "goodmorning boss." he nodded, "oh just in time secretary ji, come here for a while."

she walked to where he motioned, to take a look at the thing on his computer screen. "is there any problem there, boss?", she asked and reading the texts on the screen.

"... i love you?"

he hugged her waist and made her sat on his lap, she let out a yelp in shock. she immediately turned her face to him, "what are y—" he pecked her cheek, "i love you babe."

she got madly blushed as she looked around and cleared her throat, "b-boss, i-i think we shouldn't d-do this h-here."

he giggled and hugged her even closer to him as he whispered something into her ear, "i even closed the curtain, no one will see us my baby, don't be shy."

she looked at the curtains and faked a laugh, "y-yeah, right..." she gulped, 'what is he going to do?'

he held on her jaw and made her looked at him, "you are so pretty today, babe." before she can say a thing, his face slowly moved closer to hers, eyes closed. her eyes were widened and closed tightly almost immediate.

he opened his eyes sneakily to see the cute and funny sight. he let out a silent scoff and connected his lips with hers, sharing a long passionate kiss.

her arms found its way to his shoulder, resting there, while her own two hands interlocking with each other, wrapped around his neck.

"happy birthday hyunjae.", she said after they broke the kiss. "thank you chaehyun.", he said with a smile and pecked her lips.

"i must've been late to be the first one to wish you happy birthday...", she sighed, a bitter smile can be seen on her face.

he caressed her face and shook his head, "no, you are the first one to wish me happy birthday babe."

"really?", she asked with sparkling eyes.

he took a peek at the phone on his table before nodding, "yes." unknowingly let out a smile of happiness, looking at her endearing.

he hasn't check his phone since he woke up, knowing people will wish him through texts.

-

chaehyun just came back from her lunch.

there's a box placed on her table. she went to open it and see mint chocolate bars inside. she let out a silent squeal as she covered her mouth and stomping her feet in the air happily.

hyunjae was looking at her reaction, smiling.

chaehyun took out a container from her bag, specially just for her mint chocolates, her second serotonin boost after hyunjae.