21

Author POV
"sena. don't worry dear, i will make you my daughter in law soon. im sure you can and you will take better care of hyunjae than that secretary, right?", hyunjae's dad said.

"i will, mr lee.", sena replied.

"quit calling me mr lee already, call me dad now.", he spoke.

"okay, dad.", he smiled at her words. "that's my daughter in law.", he said, "eat now, eat more okay?"

-

chaehyun went inside her house and plopped down on her bed as she threw her bag to the side without looking.

tears slowly falling off as she was reminded of hyunjae's sad face, his change in tone and attitude to her. while they were on their way back, the atmosphere was super awkward.

her hand reached to the nearest pillow and hugged onto it. she buried her face there and sobbed quietly.

she doesn't know how to face him, she hurt the favourite man of her life's heart.

her heart slowly aches as she remembered how his bread smile dropped in a blink. how much desperation can be seen from his eyes, wanting to hear the words from her.

but she broke him, she broke his feelings, with words.

and most importantly, she broke herself too.

-

chaehyun and hyunjae lived separately for nearly three days.

except hyunjae asking chaehyun for his schedule, and talking about important works, they don't talk to each other anymore.

you can only see them walking together when hyunjae has schedule that needed his secretary's help.

hyunjae looked at the office phone on his table as he stopped typing. he wanted to pick the phone up, press the button to call chaehyun. and tell her to come inside so that he can get a hug or kiss from her, or feeling the warmth of her hand with his. even just seeing a smile from her, so he can recharge himself, would be more than enough.

chaehyun found herself constantly sneakily peeking at the door in front of her. how much she wanted to enter the office, meeting hyunjae and listen to his voice. she is desperate to see his boyfriend being sulking when she refuses to give him kisses but still do at the end. or just him acting like a baby so she can pamper him, give a pat on his head.

-

it was past 10pm when chaehyun was staying at the company, busy finishing her work.

hyunjae went back home because he thought she got off from work too when he came out from the office. but the truth was chaehyun went to get her early dinner.

chaehyun packed her things after stretching her body, done with her work.

as she walked her way to the bus stop, rain starting to pour heavily. chaehyun covered her head with her fortunately, waterproof bag and rushed to the destination.

as she checked the time, she only realised that she missed the last bus.

she tried calling to jiyeon, but her best friend didn't pick up the call, and the same goes to juyeon. she almost dialed hyunjae's number, but guilt ate her up. a tear dropped on her phone screen as she shoved her phone into her bag.

the rain become less heavy after a while to her luck. she reached her hand out of the shelter to feel the heaviness of the rain.

she thought that the rain isn't as heavy so she ran on her way home, with her bag on her head as an umbrella.

hyunjae was on his way to buy some can of instant coffee when he saw a familiar figure running on the rain.

he immediately opened his umbrella and ran to her, covering the both of them with it. the woman who's cover in wet, looked up at the latter and widened her eyes.

"hold it.", he said, passing the umbrella to her.

she just took it and looked at him blankly as he took off his jacket and covered it on her body instead. he took back the umbrella with his one hand, while the another went to hold her hand, bringing her back into his place.

-

chaehyun came out from her warm shower with her pajamas skirt. she went to lie down on her bed, feeling sleepy. and soon enough, she fell asleep, without offing the lights.

hyunjae opened her door room quietly as he took a peek of her. he walked into the room to tug her in bed.

he touched her forehead and his together. a sad smile formed on his face as he muttered to himself, "you're sick babe." he left a kiss on her forehead, "im so sorry chaehyun, i should've make up with you earlier, then you wouldn't be sick now. i love you babe."

he turned off the lights and said before closing the door.

"goodnight my little princess."

-

hyunjae woke up very early to cook his love some food. he went to search for the methods to prepare chicken porridge on the internet.

although he did a mess on the kitchen and struggled with washing the chicken, he managed to do it without any problems or help.

he tried the porridge to ensure its edible for chaehyun, before closing the pot lid.

he also went to search for medicine and put it on the table inside her room. he left messages for her before he continued to take a shower and went to work.

chaehyun woke up an hour later, she took her phone to check the time. "holy sh—", she got cut off when she saw there are message notifications from hyunjae.

she went to open them.

jae🐻❤️

jae🐻❤️
goodmorning babe
i helped u take a day off, u r sick so u shld stay at home okay?
i cooked chicken porridge for u. u just have to warm them on the pot.
n there's medicine on ur table.
get well soon my angel
ily xoxo

she smiled at her phone.

---
hugs to deobi. always take care of urself no matter what okie, don't skip any of ur meal. eric will be back stronger n happier, he will <3