Chapter 13- Learning Curve

Author's Note at the End :)

March 11th, 2013:

We were sitting in our manager Sejin's office. He had just given us a few potential names for the group. On the list were names like Big Kids, Youth Nation and Bangtan Sonyeondan. Honestly, they all made me cringe. Big Kids was just tacky, Youth Nation felt too large for such a tight-knight group of 9, and Bangtan Sonyeondan seemed to forget about Jiyoung and me. I know I don't want people to solely focus on my gender, but if we're going to mention it, then I'd like to be properly identified, or make it gender-neutral at least.

"So, what do you guys think? The company is leaning towards Bangtan Sonyeondan. The group would act as protectors to the youth. Protect them from, you know, stereotypes, overall criticism, school pressure, the like," explains Sejin.

"Isn't it a little cheesy?" says Yoongi honestly.

"I get what you mean, but the company wants a name with true meaning, a name fans can really get behind," answers the manager, obviously expecting our hesitancy.

"I mean if this is what the company wants, sure, but I guess take note that we think it's weird," says Namjoon.

Sejin nods and writes a note in his notebook. "We also have to look into finalising your stage names," Sejin continues, "Namjoon, we've pretty much settled on Rap Monster right?"

"Yup," Namjoon replied.

"Seokjin and Hoseok we agreed on Jin and J-Hope correct?" Sejin continues questioning, going down the list of our names and potential stage names. Both nod.

"J-Hope? I like that, it's really you," says Jiyoung, receiving a beaming smile from Hoseok.

"Taehyung, you have to choose between V, Six, and Lex. Jungkook it's between Seagull, Tattoo, or Ian as of last week if I'm not wrong. And Jimin, the managers have come up with a few more potential names: Baby G, Baby J, or Young Kid," states Sejin, looking up from the paper to get their opinions.

"I like V. Lex seems a little too feminine for me. And V stands for Victory, it might be a good omen for the team," Taehyung says smiling proudly. Sejin nods and makes a note of it.

"Can I think about it some more? I'm really not sure which one I want? Do I have to have one at all?" asks Jungkook.

"Yeah, you can think about it, but I need an answer asap ok, you don't necessarily need a stage name, but it will make you stand out more if you do," says Sejin looking at Jungkook a little exasperatedly. They had gone back and forth with Jungkook about his name for a month now and I could tell Sejin was getting a little tired of it. "What about you Jimin?"

"I don't know, Baby J's ok I suppose. I think I'll just have to get used to it," answers Jimin.

"Great! I'll note it down. Now for the last three. Yoongi, you told me you came up with something?" Sejin goes on.