The woman looked up at her and smiled politely.
"Hello Ma'am. I am Carol John. I am an owner of a salon chain and boutiques. Mr. Jay informed me that my services will be extended to you too."

Shraddha was more than confused now.
"Salon and boutique services? I do not need them." She replied.

The woman in her late twenties smiled.
"May be not now. But your househelp knows where to contact me, if you need them. Have a good day Ma'am."

Carol was out of the Villa, without any further explanation.

Shraddha sighed. She would prefer her own beautician over someone appointed by her husband and contacted by her brother-in-law.
That was really weird.

Jay parked his car in the premises of the college and stepped out.
He was there that day, with a motive in his mind.

Slinging his backpack on his shoulder, he walked around the college premises, and in various corridors, on all the floors.

He finally found her, walking away with her head down, clutching her back pack tightly.

He stepped in front of her and she realized a set of polished shoes and looked up.
He breath faltered as she realized, he was the one from the same group that had fun at her expense.
Her eyes grew big in fear.

"Hi!" He exclaimed smiling.

She did not react and was rooted to her spot.

"I am really sorry for that day. It was just.... We were trying to get introduced to you. But it took a different turn." He stated sincerely.

She just blinked, with her lips parted.

He placed a palm flat on his chest.
"I apologize from the bottom of my heart. It will never repeat again. Not only to you, but not with anyone else either."

She blinked and nodded lightly.

He gave out a bright smile. And extended his hand for a handshake.
"Jay Agarwal." he introduced himself.

She looked at his hand and then at his genuine smile.
She was about to place her hand in his and,
"Diya!" A loud and stern voice boomed, startling her.

Arjun walked forward. He glared at Jay and Jay's features contorted. He clenched his teeth and his jaw ticked at the sight of Arjun.
Arjun did not back away, looking straight in his eyes, challenging him.
Next moment, Arjun caught hold of Diya's hand and walked away in another direction, dragging her along.

Diya looked at Jay, as she silently followed her cousin's friend.

Jay smirked. He was ready to accept a new challenge now. He happily tossed key chain in air, catching it skillfully.

How could he miss on a challenge? Such a beautiful at that?

Arjun did not stop until he was in the cafe, to join Ajay and his other friend Dev.

Ajay looked up surprised when Arjun dragged her there.
"All okay?" Ajay asked.

Arjun made her sit down and offered her a glass of water.

"What happened?" Dev asked.

"Jay Agarwal. He happened." Arjun said with distaste.

Both Ajay and Dev furrowed their eyebrows and looked at Diya.
"What did he say?" Ajay asked her.

Diya waited for a moment. She did not want to tell Ajay that he was there to apologize, when he was not at fault himself. And she did not wish to drag the matter, specially when the apology was extended.

"Nothing, he just introduced himself." That was not a complete lie.

"What? Why? Listen. Just stay away from him. He is not a good news." Ajay replied, now furious.

Diya was taken aback by his outburst. She looked at Arjun and Dev. They appeared to be lost in some deep thoughts.
The three friends looked at each other and an unsaid conversation was exchanged between them.

Diya silently picked up her things and left from there. She did not miss a lean and tall figure, leaning on the wall, with his hands in his pockets and his left foot, resting on the wall behind him, just outside the cafe.

She turned to look back at him and he had her gaze fixed on her already.

A mischievous smile was playing on his lips, when she walked away without another word.
He knew, the pigeon was already proceeding towards the trap. Just a few sweet grains, and he will have it dancing on his tunes.

-------------------------------------------

Another chapter up.

Vote.....
Comment....

Love......