13: memory

author's note: umm so i had a plan for this ch but i totally forgot what it was and now you're stuck with whatever the hell this is :) should i consider planning ahead... nah!

"so, is there anything you want to tell me?" you asked while looking at the manager dead in the eye.

there was nothing going on inside your head. it was like a void. or maybe too much was going on for you to process each one of them individually. either way, as of the moment it did not matter. the only thing you wanted was to hear the explanation.

until...

"my sister came to your casino i assume"

sigma reached out to you and started cupping your cheek.

"you want me to do what...?"

sigma's voice.

"I'M NOT GONNA BREAK MY OWN CASINO'S DOOR"

with each stroke of his tumb on your cheek a memory came flooding in. moment by moment. one. after. another.

~memory~

sigma's phone started ringing. the beige one that was on his table all the time. he realised it wasn't a number from within the casino but an outsider. not minding it, he decided to answer.

"hello?" he said with a rather confused voice.

"hello."

it was a deep, threatening voice that made sigma uncontrollably shiver.

"i have a favour to ask sigma"

"how do you even know my name" sigma asked. the dumbest question possible.

"don't you own a fucking casino" the person answered which sigma mentally slapped himself for.

then there was a silence. an uncomfortable one. the silence was so thick that sigma was starting to find it hard to breathe. he swam up all the way and broke it.

"who are you?"

"well, that's a good starting question but not quite the right one to start with." the voice replied.

"and since you asked, i'm going to be nice and answer you today. i feel like doing charity work. my name is fyodor dostoyevski"

sigma recalled that name from somewhere but he couldn't figure out where it was from. he must've heard it somewhere...

"i am going to ask for a favour" fyodor replied.

"and why am i going to fulfil your wants" sigma said, questioning the russian gentleman acroos the phone.

there was a laugh. fyodor started laughing so damn hard. and that was never. never a hood sign. it meant danger and it meant threat.

he took a deep breath in and continued. "oh of course you're gonna do it. because if you don't i won't get a chance to see my little sister and if you don't people will start to die, your casino will fall."

sigma couldn't breathe. sure he didn't know who this fyodor (dos-kun ass bitch) was but it didn't seem like he was joking or playing around.

he was serious.

just as sigma was thinking all this, a bullet came crashing into his office, cracking the perfect little circle shape on the wall and making the manager's hair move with the wind it caused. the bullet hit the wall and fell onto the floor.

"hearing the silence i assume you got my note." fyodor said.

sigma slowly went up and kneeled, picking up the bullet and started reading the note inside.

"name: fyodor dostoevsky
gift: crime and punishment
he is known to kill one with just a touch and with every life he takes, he is given the chance to create one. every life he takes as creates turn back to him as a punishment" sigma read out.

"what do you want from me?" he asked. "what is this favour you were talking about?"

"good. now you're asking just the right questions. well, one of my creations has just arrived to your casino and-" fyodor said just to be interrupted by sigma.

"what kind of creation?"

"oh you're asking too many questions mr manager man! and only one of them was the right oneeee" fyodor complained. it almost sounded like a toddler's tantrum yet it was so threatening.

"now, the creation you have is my very fist creation. i created it back when i was a child and not quite aware of my abilities." fyodor explained.

"and it's punishment, well it's been getting complicated and i need to destroy my creation to regain control over my gift again."

"it is my first creation. the most perfect yet dangerous one. it does not a single scratch but is filled with flaws. she is the most contradictory one i have created." fyodor was almost whispering when he finished his sentence and as the volume went down, the more threatening his voice became.

"what do you want from me?" sigma repeated his question through gritted teeth.

"i want you to meet her, spend time with her and try to get to know her." fyodor said. it was a surprisingly happy and enthusiastic voice which made everything scarier.

"then what happens..."

"oh i'm gonna have some fun with her little life." he said. before continuing:

"you are going to do exactly what i say, whenever i say it. the first thing you're going to do is to break her rooms door!!"

he was practically yelling at the phone.

"I'M NOT GOING TO BREAK MY OWN CASINO'S DOOR" sigma replied, clearly mad.

"well you are so boring aren't you. you have to make an impression. and also make an excuse for it." fyodor said.

"you have to be quick though this has to be done before i start sending other characters innnnn"

sigma was so confused and absolutely terrified of the man he was stalking to.

"...other characters WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT!" he said.

"too. many. questions. you have to do what i say or people are going to die and you casino will die with them." fyodor whisper shouted.

"why are you even doing this?"

"because i have to destroy her. or else i'm gonna be the one to-"

*beep beep beep*

~end of memory~

your eyes rolled back and everything went black.

a/n: i hope you enjoyed your short torture. love you😚