Chapter Four

"Hyperdrive's up and running."

I sat beside Ahsoka at the front of the ship. I hadn't been able to fall asleep with all these thoughts flooding my brain, so I decided to join her over here and maybe learn a thing or two about space ships.

"Have you ever been in a space ship before?" Ahsoka asked me.

I scratched my head. "Not since I haunted my old family."

"No throwing up, then," She ordered.

"Alright, Ms. Tano, but no promises," I grinned.

"Please, just Ahsoka," Ahsoka said, smiling warmly. Not at all like how she was when she saved me. Ahsoka pulled a lever that seemed to turn the entire space ship on.

"It's been so long," I said out loud.

"Yeah?" Ahsoka asked and pressed a few buttons. "Well, you're going to enjoy this."

I chuckled. "I hope."

I looked out the window in front of us as the trees began to sink beneath us. I buckled myself up and clutched the arm rests as the ship started to fly.

The ship tilted upward and my head fell back on to the seat. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in as the ship rocketed up.

Slight air blew in my face. I tried to lift my arm, but it was partially difficult considering gravity was working against me and the ship was much stronger than me.

Soon the color of the blue sky began to disappear, replaced with darkness decorated with bright and dim dots scattered among the space. That was how many systems there were in the universe.

It was amazing.

"You do this every day?" I asked.

"Not all the time," Ahsoka shrugged. "Sometimes I stay on one planet for a little bit. But something... Well, I felt like I needed to come here."

"Something called you?" I asked. "Oh! What was it called again? It started with an 'f', didn't it?"

"The Force," Ahsoka responded. "It's an energy created by life that binds the galaxy together. Only some people have the ability to wield it. Some people can control it more than others."

"Does that mean they're stronger?" I asked.

"Sometimes. But it also means they can be more dangerous. Some people..." Ahsoka choked on her own words. Then she cleared her throat and continued. "That's why force sensitive children, as we call them, are trained by other Jedi. More experienced Jedi. My Master was very strong and wise."

I noticed her choice of words.

Was.

"Is he... Is he gone?" I asked slowly, careful not to upset Ahsoka. If she was a Jedi, or at least, former Jedi, she could easily beat me in a fight.

Ahsoka knit her eyebrows. "He's not dead, if that's what your wondering. Just... Lost is all. "

"Oh," I dropped my head. Ahsoka looked like she wanted to add, "At least, that's what I want to believe", but she bit her lip before she could. Not wanting to continue this conversation, I change the subject. "Did you fight a lot of people?"

"Jedi don't look for a fight," Ahsoka noted. "But we're ready for one when we need it."

"So... I'll take that as a yes," I turned my head back toward the empty sky.

"Preparing for hyperspace," Ahsoka said, flipped a few tiny switched above her, and pressed some more buttons.

"Flying a ship looks really complicated," I observed. "I would love to learn how to do it."