byulgi • walks with dogs

Start from the beginning

"It's a pleasure to meet you here, I'm Moon Byulyi." She giggled softly and pulled back her hand, her eyes wandering back to the five dogs, all wiggling their tails excitedly.

"The pleasure's all mine," Yoongi reassured while also casting a glance in the dogs' direction. "Mind introducing me to your dogs as well?

"Hm?" She looked at him again, her eyebrows raised in surprise. "Oh, really?" He nodded in a confirming matter and gained an astonished smile from Byulyi. "These are all welsh corgis, so I don't expect you to be able to tell them apart, but this is Haengwoon, then Daebak, and lastly Kongang."

Yoongi quickly paused her by holding up his hand with a smile. "And the little guy was named Janggu, right?" Her smile widened and she nodded affirmatively.

"I didn't think you'd remember, but yes." She delicately ran a single loose hair strand behind her ear before checking the watch on her wrist. "Ah, shoot. I have to get going, my shift starts in a bit." She looked up at him with a smile. "But I'm sure we'll see each other around."

He nodded quickly, wishing he would have gone to the park 10 minutes earlier instead of just the 5.

"Yeah, me too."

They waved and exchanged elated smiles before their ways parted yet again.

Yoongi performed what had seemingly become some sort of ritual of his and visited the same park the day after. He stayed in the same area where he and Moon Byulyi had previously met, but although he waited for quite some time, there was no sight of her.

Disappointed, he walked through the park without letting a single spot go by unnoticed.

Worry began to overtake him: what if something had happened? But he quickly shot down the possibility. She was most likely just taking another route or she had already walked her dogs previously that day.

So his hope hadn't vanished completely and he showed up to the park again the next day, 15 minutes earlier than usually, mainly hoping to catch her in time and being able to hold a longer conversation than just introducing themselves and their dogs.

And he succeeded, for he noticed she was standing still under an oak tree with her phone in hand, the dogs' leashes in the other.

He approached with anticipating steps and waved at her once their eyes met. Hers lit up and she waved him over with enthusiasm, stuffing the phone down her back pocket and letting the dogs play with Holly.

"Well, well, well, would you look at that," she laughed, sending a smile in Yoongi's direction. "We keep bumping in to each other, don't we?"

"Yeah, we do," he aggreed, nodding with a grin. He didn't even consider to mention how he planned his every visit in accordance with their small unexpected meetings. "You've styled your hair differently today," he noted instead. "It looks pretty."

She scrunched up her nose with a grin and ran a hand through the unusually loose hair. "Really?" He nodded and began dreading whether it was too bold of him to say so, whether he had made her uncomfortable - but she proved him wrong when a smile of hers broke through. "Well, thank you."

A flushed smile made its way onto his lips and he looked down shyly, his ears turning a light pinkish shade.

After clearing her throat, Byulyi made a proposal: "Want to free the dogs from their leashes? Then we can just.." Her eyes flickered to the side, catching exactly what she was aiming for, "sit down and talk?"

Yoongi followed the trail of her eyes and noticed the bench she had spotted. A ticklish sensation rummaged in his stomach and he nodded, bending down to take a hold of Holly.