"Father, he's six years old. He knows nothing of the outside world.. He has no friends, or any connections to his mother. The only family he knows avoids him like the plague.." He hears Seo-yoo confess, the sympathy in his voice hurts. At the time it made him feel as if she tolerated him because she pitied him, because she didn't want to be another negative family tie in his life.

"I will not allow you to raise him to be a monster like you..-!" The swift sound of what he assumed to be a slap followed after that outburst. Andris's heart had dropped from the sound, how quickly he silenced her.

"You are a woman. Act like one, Seo-yoo. Your fiancé will never agree to a marriage with a woman who behaves like a witch."

.
.
.

It was dead silent, only the waterfall that bled into the Koi pond could be heard. The rushing waters battling with tense silence of the moment, adding more suspense. Andris dreaded another word, another noise. He was terrified and he wasn't even the one being harmed..

"Yes, Father.."

"That boy is not your responsibility, nor is he any of your concern. Focus on the duties appointed to you."

"Of course, father..." back then Andris thought she gave in too easily.. That just maybe she could've fought back. But, perhaps she didn't care about him as much as he thought she did. Though, most of his siblings didn't.

All of his siblings were his half-siblings, ones that were made during his Father's travels across the world. He gained Andris in his short trip to Haiti, taking the son the woman birthed and fleeing. Andris never knew his biological mother, just the step mother that was obligated to 'love' and care for me him.

They treated him as if he were the ugly duckling of the family. Though considering his difference in appearance, perhaps that was an accurate description. Either way, after Seo-Yoo's confrontation by their father she kept her word.

She never spoke to him again, nor did she gaze. The two of them never finished the book together, and to this day he's unsure on how it ends.

He wasn't one to get sentimental.

But, that one stung a bit..

-

ㄚㄖㄩ ᗪㄖ ᗪ卂爪卂Ꮆ乇 ㄒㄖ 爪乇

. . 𝑫𝑰𝑽𝑰𝑵𝑰𝑻𝑰𝑬𝑺. .⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙
Ҝ几ㄖ山 丨 ㄥㄖᐯ乇 丨ㄒ

-

He's been reminiscing alot more than usual lately, that was unlike him. It was concerning him a bit.

He hasn't thought of his sister in so long, in truth he can barely remember the girl's face. Just the soothing melody of her voice that always calmed his untreated childhood anxiety, her gentle hands always cradling his trembling ones. She was married off a long time ago, he hadn't heard a peep from her since. Andris's lips curled, the mere thought of her was a sensitive topic but he shoo's it out of his thoughts fairly quickly.

Andris's fingers fiddled with the tight slik tie around his neck, it felt constricting suddenly. As if he couldn't breath through the tight-noose like knot around the base of his throat. He's unsure of what he looks like currently, practically in a rush after giving himself a singular once over to check if he was presentable. In truth, he didn't want to be here, and he couldn't care less about how he looked at the moment. Let people talk, it's no skin off his back. The car had been parked out front of the mansion they had previously visited, just looking at the house pissed him off. A unconscious scowl scrunching his features to confirm.