Jinx

ʚ26ɞ

"I'm surprised you gave in to Adrien's request, sir," Nathalie said to Gabriel, holding her tablet in her hand as per usual.

"Hm." He hummed and flipped through the pages of the Miraculous spellbook.

"I'd like to make an announcement to my fans," Adrien said with a determined look on his face.

"An announcement? What for?" Gabriel asked, taking a few sips of his coffee from the mug he was holding.

"Delphine-"

"This again? Adrien, you shouldn't concern yourself with that girl. She made the decision to leave the modeling industry on her own accord. It has nothing to do with us."

"No, father. You're wrong. It's because of my fans that she quit modeling! It has everything to do with us. We owe her an apology. People can be mean and very discouraging. Those hate comments must have crushed her spirit so much that it led her to part with something she was so passionate about. What if you were in her place and they made you lose your love of fashion or designs?"

"Adrien-"

"The world can be cruel, father. If we have the ability, shouldn't we help those that are fallen?"

With his eyes widened, he rested the mug down on Nathalie's desk. His late wife's words were playing in his mind.

"Emilie, why are you doing this? I thought it was just a one-time thing." He held the umbrella above her head as she knelt down to a box on the ground to shelter her from the heavy rain that was pouring.

"This world can be so cruel. The strong bully the weak, leaving them helpless. All for their own amusement." She took the cat food she just bought out of the sack, opened the cans and placed it in front of the box. "And those who are afraid to do anything often look away. Can't we break this cycle? If we're able to, shouldn't we lend a helping hand?"

A grey cat slowly stepped out the box, limping as one of her legs was broken. The cat looked pretty beaten up. She sniffed the food before looking up at Emilie who gently smiled at her. Little curious kittens began stepping out of the box as well. They were hungry, but still depended on their mother for milk. The cat started eating and Emilie stood up, quickly turning around with a bright smile on her face.

"Look how big they've grown, Gabriel! They're so cute. Ah! Wait- You're getting soaked!"

Holding his tears back, he turned away from Adrien and held his hands behind his back. "I'll inform Nathalie and she will help you with the announcement."

Adrien's face went from shock to delight in a split second. "Thank you, father!"

"..It's just for public image. That's all."

εїз

"Hi, everyone! It's me. I'd like to formally apologize to my old partner, Delphine, for what happened online because of me. I'm also sorry that this apology is long overdue. Delphine was a great model and she has one of the prettiest smiles I've ever seen. It hurts me to know that some of my fans are the reason we aren't able to see her smile again. She was very passionate about her work and loved modeling. I hope that she hasn't completely given up on her dream. I'd like to ask you, my precious fans, to send her words of encouragement. Please, no more hate. I know that there's a good heart inside each and every one of you. If you really support me, you would also support the people around me who help me to shine beautifully for all of you. Today, a new magazine is being released and I wish that everyone will support and show love to my new partner. She's a very good friend of mine," Marinette read aloud and swooned.