Extra: Bacterium

Philip Dupont, an 11-year-old boy, was enthusiastically waiting for his mother to come home. There was a school field trip happening this coming Friday and he badly wanted to go.

The thing is, Philip is a pretty frail kid who gets sick easily. He has a weak body with a weak immune system to boot. Recently, he has gotten better and got ill less often thanks to his new medicines. He thought that this was finally his chance to be like a normal kid and go on a field trip where he wouldn't have to worry about the heat, cold, weather, season or anything really.

He already told his friends that he would be going, so they were expecting him to come. When he heard the door open, he immediately rushed downstairs to see his mother. She looked tired and worn out. It seemed like she had a long day, but Philip didn't pay attention and hurried towards her.

"Mom, mom, mom! My class is going on a field trip to a farm. Can I go?" He asked the question he'd been dying to ask.

"What?" His mother put the grocery bags on the table. "Philip..A farm? I don't know about that, honey." She sighed and sat on a chair, finally getting to rest for the day.

"But, mom, I've been healthier recently! I've eaten all my meat and veggies like the doctor told me too. And the medicine has been very effective. I really think-"

"No, Philip. It's too risky. You've only gotten better, because we've been avoiding places like those. I'm sorry, but no. You can't go on this trip," she said sternly and gave her decision.

The joy in Philip's eyes he once had, died. His smile disappeared in an instant and only disappointment was shown on his face.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, but maybe next time, yeah?" His mother gave him a little smile.

"You always say that!" He cried and ran back upstairs to his room. He slammed his door to show how angry he was.

"Philip!" He heard his mother call for him, but ignored her.

"It's not fair. It's not fair. Not fair, not fair, not fair!" He balled his hands into fists. Tears welled up in his eyes as he started to wallow in despair.

"Philip," his mother knocked on his door and then opened it. "Philip, it's time for your monthly shot.."

He was mad, but he couldn't disobey his mother and he needed to take this injection for his asthma. He put his arm out and didn't look at her. She watched him with sadness in her eyes and gave him his shot. After she put a bandaid over the injection, she put the needle on the dresser and gave him a hug.

"I'm really sorry, Philip. You know I'm just trying to protect you," she said.

"Yeah, I know."

"I'll go start preparing for dinner, okay? Did you do your homework?"

"Yes.."

"Okay," she said before leaving.

Philip angrily looked at the needle on the dresser. He picked it up and angrily stared at it. "This is all your fault!" He yelled. He was going to throw it, but just then, an akuma landed on the needle.

"Bacterium, I am Hawk Moth. You're always the only kid to miss out on school events. Doesn't that make you angry?" A voice said.

"Yeah."

"Don't you want them to feel your pain?"

"Yeah!"

"I can give you power. You can make everyone know how it feels to be sick all the time. All you have to do is give me Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculouses. Do you accept?"