headaches and starlights

ERITH JAY
ERITH WOKE UP IN NICO'S BED WITH NO NICO IN IT.

Upon further inspection of the cabin, it appeared that Ethan was gone, too. That could mean three things:

1. He had decided to wreak havoc on camp and Erith truly was the idiot.

2. Nico had taken him out.

Or 3. Erith had dreamed it all, and she really was fucking insane.

She stole one of Nico's hoodies with skeleton ribs on the front and stepped into the blazing sunlight. Normally, one would flinch away from the brightness, since Nico's cabin was basically a mortuary; but the sun had always felt good to Erith. It was like Percy and water: just being around it made him feel better.

She missed him more than words could really describe. The urge to Iris message him was suddenly irrefutably strong. She forced herself to swallow it down. She couldn't cling onto him for the rest of her life.

Erith made her way across the grounds, passing cabins. She wasn't sure where she was going. She just knew she was going somewhere.

Her feet led her to the Zeus Cabin. It wasn't like she had any fondness for Zeus, or the cabin. It was his son she loved.

Sitting on the floor in a loose circle, as if waiting for her, were six people. Nico sat with his fingers tapping the marble. Ethan, next to him, looked tense, as if waiting to run. He had a new eyepatch on with gold laced into the edges. Calypso sat next to him, wearing a denim jacket, a white t-shirt, and jeans, which looked a little odd on her. Leo sat next to her, and for a moment Erith's breath caught in her throat, but then he looked at her and the way his face brightened made her muscles ease.

Piper sat next to him, and Jason sat next to her. They were holding hands, and Erith didn't think there was anything more normal in the world than the pair of them holding hands.

"Morning, sunshine," Leo said, tossing a wrench casually in the air. Disgustingly, Erith wanted to kiss him. She settled for going and sitting between him and Piper.

"I'm surprised you didn't sit between him and Calypso," Ethan remarked. 

Ethan, brutally honest: Erith was going to have to get used to it. Still, she didn't regret bringing him back, not one bit. He looked better than she'd ever seen him: his hair was freshly trimmed, his eyes were a sharp brown, and his smile was kinder than she had previously thought possible.

"I'm delighted to see you're caught up on my relationship lore, Nakamura," Erith said, discreetly pushing her hand into Leo's. "But I like Calypso. Also, I want Piper to braid my hair."

"I'm honored," Piper said with a grin. She pulled her hand from Jason's. 

"Hey, stop trying to steal my girlfriend, Jay," Jason said, but there was a smile on his face.

"Yo, Jason, let's date, since our girlfriends are too gay for us." Leo held up his hand. "I give you this wrench to honor our newfound love." He tossed the wrench to Jason, who fumbled it and dropped it.

"How romantic," Erith said dryly. Piper snorted.

Nico cleared his throat. "As charming as you all are, I have some news I think Erith should hear."