House of Hauntings

Start from the beginning

Fabian"All right, well, tell them it was Jerome messing around."

Patricia" Charlie is dating Jerome she is bound to ask him"

Fabian"Fine, just tell him pretty much anything apart from the fact that it's the ghost of Tutankhamen's murderer hanging around for a mask."

Patricia" Don't you think I've also tried that, They just spent the last two hours trolling through the discs voluntarily."

Amber"Voluntarily, Okay, that's bad."

Patricia"And they have shown it too Mara"

I sigh and exchange looks with Nina and Nicholas.

Nicholas" Neither of them are going to let this go until they get answers"

Patricia" And Nina wants to write article about it"

Nina" Of course she does"

Charlie's POV

Since we had shown Mara the footage we now had to involve her, we had made our way downstairs, Mara holding her laptop while Eddie and I held some equipment, we were going to see if we could catch some ghosts on camera.

Eddie "So...do you believe in ghosts, Mara?"

Mara"I'm a journalist, I believe in the truth, whatever that turns out to be... Right, the video was shot from here through there, but I figure if we set up in the corner, we can get the whole living room and the dining room as well. Yeah?"

Charlie"Does this still count as 'human interest?'"

Mara"Absolutely. I never said they had to be alive."

Eddie"Right."

Eddie then makes his way towards the kitchen.

Mara "What are you doing?"

Eddie "What? Every stakeout needs food."

Mara"Afterwards, Eddie. Set up the equipment first. I'm not writing this article on supposition and conjecture."

Eddie"No, I was thinking more like chips and dip."

Mara"Eddie!"

I glared at Mara, who made her queen of the world, where does she get the audacity to boss my brother around.

Charlie" It's okay Eddie, you set up I'll get the snacks"

Mara" No Charlie, I need you to set up as well, come help your brother"

Charlie" Mara, I'm not sure who made you the queen of the world but we showed you the footage, so you want to stop bossing me and my brother around"

Mara looks taken aback at my sudden outburst.

Mara" Sorry, Sorry Eddie"

Eddie" It's okay"

Mara" Okay first we need to review the footage again"

Nicholas's POV

My sister and I as well as the others make our way along the tunnels. Patricia is still going on about The Twins and Mara, mainly Eddie.

Patricia"Who does she think she is? I'm the one who orders him to work before he eats, not her."

Nina"They are just ghost hunting"

Amber" Ghost Hunting is kind of romantic,"It brought me and Alfie together. Isn't that right, Alfie?"

Alfie"Yeah, don't worry, though. It also tore us apart."

Patricia "Oh, thanks."

Fabian sets the music box mirror on the first hand and the glass coin on the second. The beam bounces and makes a half-circle, and so he sets the goblet from the kitchen on the third hand, and it does the exact same. The beam doesn't quite reach the fourth hand, though. Three reflectors, three to go.

We celebrate in excitement we were getting oh so much closer to our goal.

Nina"It worked!, Well, I guess we should do it during the day when there's more light. Guys...the moon is moving."

Nicholas"What?" I ask, watching her walk to one of the walls. There's a gold moon and sun attached to it. I noticed it before but didn't think much on it considering the zodiac.