Chapter 11

Amelia Cooper

I woke up with the sun falling on my face, brightly. It was a sunny morning like never before. I had a restless night after all so this was a good start for me. I kept having the same nightmares all night of that man. That cruel...dark...man. He's a beast. I can't help but cry remembering him. As I woke up, a cold chilly wind hit my skin making me shiver slightly but then I remembered, "IT'S MY WEDDING DAY!"

My wedding's today! I had jumpy thoughts along with some nervy ones too. I'm marrying Jonah today.

Am I ready?

Yes.

Wait...no.

Yes, I am.

Ok, what am I thinking?

"I'm tensed about how it will go. Does he love me? Is this right?" I said out loud to myself not knowing my mom and some other strangers were getting me ready.

"Amelia, calm down. Here, put on your AirPods..." she said giving me my AirPods. "...and listen to music while the makeup artist is here. Now, WHERE IS THIS WOMAN?" She exclaimed to herself in anger, took out her phone, and went outside. She is surely the one who has to calm down too. LOL

I put on my AirPods, opened apple music, and played 'breathin'. It matches my situation. Thanks, Ariana Grande for this.

Calm down now Mia.

Relax, you will be okay.

******

Hours passed, and I was okay. Guess I was just exaggerating. It was all going well. The decorations were put up, the guests were here and everything was ready. My dressers were doing the last touches of my makeup when one of Jonah's friends, I think, came to my room.

"Hey, Mia," A girl said.

"Hey. I think I've seen you around with Jonah," I said.

"Yeah. I'm his friend, Fiona. It's nice to meet you," she said.

"It's nice to meet you too," I said and asked my dressers to give us some privacy.

"Umm...listen are you sure about this marriage?" she asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean that he, well, hated you all these years and out of the blue, he wants to marry you," she stated. "Doesn't it sound suspicious?" she asked.

"Not to me, it doesn't. I think that he finally realized he loved me and still does." I said happily. 

"Oh ok. But still, Amelia I hope your life isn't gonna take the bad route," she said. 

"What do you mean by the...?" I was going to ask but she cut me off.

"Just leave that now. You look GORGEOUS! I love your dress." she exclaimed.

"Thank you so much. And any friend of Jonah's is mine too. You can call me Mia from now on." I said. 

"Sure, Mia, it is," she said.

"Ok, I got to go. See you later?" I said.

"Yeah. Sure. See you later." she said and hugged me. "I just hope that your life will be happy. Always. I'm so sorry for all this Mia. Let's hope Jonah figures out his mistake and stops treating you like shit." she said in a whisper while hugging me.

"Wait, what?" I asked her but she walked away.

"Fiona!" I shouted. But she didn't turn back.

"What happened honey?" my mom, who was waiting for me to come out, asked.

"Nothing mom. She's just a tad crazy." I said and we laughed it out.

"Come on, let's go," she said.

"Okay," I said. But, what did she mean?

I took deep breaths, talked out my anxiety with my friends, and was...FINALLY READY! I hope Jonah is too.

Jonah Ridge

Today's the day. TODAY'S THE HELL OF A DAY I GET MARRIED TO THAT... AMELIA! Why did my life have to turn out like this? I have to marry her without another choice if I have to get my money back. My money, my business comes first before her. She's in my mind irritating me so much. I don't what's annoying me more- that Mia or my bow.

"Calm down, Jonah. They're doing it, right?" my dad asked me.

"Yeah sure. They're doing it," I snapped at him angrily.

"Why are you so snappy today?" he asked me.

"It's nothing dad," I said not wanting to bring the attention to me.

"Leave us alone, please," he said to my dressers.

"Yes sir," they said and went out.

"Dad! We're gonna get late. Why did you send them?!?" I shouted at him.

"Ohh just shut up. For once please do," he said and sat in front of me.

"Fine!" I said.

"Do you love her?" he asked as he took my bow in his hands.

"Huh?" I asked him.

"Do you really love Mia?" he asked me and my eyes went wide in shock.

"Yeah! I mean yes. I do. Why do you ask?" I asked him.

"Nothing. It just seems like you're doing it for something," he said. Does he know?!?

"What? NO! I mean... I love her dad. And I realized that some days back. That's why I didn't want to delay the marriage too," I stated.

"Ok, son. I believe you," he said and hugged me. "But... if you mess with that girl's life, you're gonna be dead the next second. And in case you don't think anyone will do that, I will. Cause I still have my father's gun, a family heirloom," he warned me.

"There, your bow is put," he said and I looked at my collar to see the bow made. By my dad.

"Okay. Umm... dad I..." I wanted to say something but words weren't coming out.

"I'll leave you alone now," he said and went out.

What just happened?? I have to keep Mia's mouth shut somehow after we're married or else what my dad said will come true. Deep breaths Jonah. Breath in, breath out. You're gonna be fine. Just act like her husband in front of everyone else and the other times you don't need to. She will understand. She'll just think I still need time with her. I know her. I know Mia.

YOU. CAN. DO. THIS.

Relax, you will be okay.

__________________

Hey guys! Good to be back, after a long time. So, here it is... the new chapter of Love and Anger. Sorry for the late update. My schoolwork is taking over Wattpad. LOL

Anyways, what did you all think of this chapter? Like people are trying to warn them of this marriage. What do you think will happen next? after they're married, will Jonah treat her with Love? Or will he treat her with Anger?

 What do you think will happen next? after they're married, will Jonah treat her with Love? Or will he treat her with Anger?