Chapter 9

Amelia Cooper

It was dinner night. I still couldn't believe Jonah. And what he has agreed to. I got ready as soon as I could. It was still 6 and I couldn't go to the restaurant now. No one would've come and the restaurant was only 15 minutes away. Anyway, I wore a sequin white dress and put on light makeup- pink lipstick and a bit of mascara. I was ready.

Amelia's outfit-

It was finally 6:45

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It was finally 6:45. After playing Candy crush and killing it in subway surfers, time flew. I took my car keys, locked the house door, and left for the restaurant. I arrived there within 15 minutes. 😏

As I entered, I could see my family sitting there with Jonah and his family. 

"Hey everyone," I said as I went to the table they were seated

"Hello dear. Oh, you look gorgeous!" aunt Jenna commented.

"Thank you. Hey mom, hey dad."  I said.

"Hi dear. Come sit," they replied.

As I sat down, I could see Jonah's parents glaring at him. Probably for not saying hi to me. I thought of saying hi first when he did so.

"Hey Amelia," he said in a disinterested tone. Seriously?

"Hey, Jonah," I said.

"So, what shall we order? Since it's Jonah and Amelia's day, let them decide." uncle Daniel said.

"Oh no...I mean..." Jonah started when his dad stopped him.

"No saying no. Decide between both of you," he said.

"Ok," he said and took the menu and kept it in the middle of the table in between us so that both of us could see.

"Are you ok?" I asked in a whisper to him.

"Yeah" he replied. "Yeah. Uh...how about a...uh..." he started stuttering. What's wrong with him today?

"We'll order 3/6 of Thai soup, 2 plates of coconut shrimp, and 2 chicken pizzas," I told the waiter.

"Oh, that sounds wonderful. Good choice ma'am." the waiter replied.

"Thank you," Jonah whispered and thanked me. 

"Sure," I replied. 

We were a lot closer than we had to be, so we moved a bit farther to avoid UNNECESSARY TALKS from our family.

***********

The rest of the time went with us talking about the wedding and family talks. Jonah was laughing for some talks and the others kept looking at his phone.   

"Hey, how's the company going?" I asked.

"It's going...well. Why?" he asked.

"Nothing. Just to make conversation." I replied and smiled at him.

"Hmm... how's your architecture work going?" he asked me.

"It's going well too," I answered. 

"You look beautiful today," he said.

"Thank you... Jonah." I replied. He has surely changed!

"No problem," he said. 

I guess Jonah is changing. I smiled to myself, then we saw everyone looking at us. We shifted in our seats since we know THE TALKS would begin.

Jonah Ridge

I pretend well! If I didn't then dad would kill this plan. As soon as Amelia arrived, everyone talked only about her. Her looks, her dress...well her dress is really beautiful. She had a good fashion sense. Anyway...she did look beautiful today. I froze that time, not knowing what to order since I got a message from Noah. That idiot, he got me into this. I need that money since I'm not so so good financially. Thank god she ordered something or else dad would have killed me. The night went by with them talking about our marriage details and everything else that involved only us. I was getting a bit irritated but kept my mouth shut since I have to prove myself to dad tonight.

Finally, it was dessert time! The dinner ended after that. While we were going out, Mia called me. 

"Jonah?" she called.

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked her. WHAT NOW??

"Thank you. I didn't know you would change so much." she thanked me politely. If only she knew.

"No problem," I answered. 

"What made you change your mind?" she asked.

"I'm not sure. Look, Mia, I mean Amelia..." I was saying when she cut me off.

"You can call me Mia, Jo," she said and we laughed.

"Ok, Mia... It's getting late today. Let's meet another day and talk. Ok?" I asked her.

"Okay. See you another time. Bye," she said in a joyful tone and went to where her car was parked. 

"Bye," I said. 

She was sweet. She called me Jo again and...Get it together Jonah! You do not like her. YOU.HATE.HER.

*********

The next day arrived. My parents fixed the date of our marriage. It was only 3 weeks away but since I was acting that I like her, I had to agree without any argument. I wish I had a choice.

Jonah will NEVER change. Hope Amelia gets the brains to think about what he's REALLY doing. Right?

 I know it feels like a boring chapter but I promise you that the coming chapter WILL be interesting/ worth reading.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.