He rolls his eyes. "How many do you know?"

"I can't believe this... how did it happen?"

"He was murdered." Okay, that was a bit too blunt.

"Oh my days... no," she cries. "Could you excuse me for a moment please?" She gets up, and heads to the kitchen.

Levi takes another puff, leaning into the chair. "Strategy," he mutters. "She has to cry so we can let off some suspicion... we have to consider these things just in case she's the one."

I just can't imagine it that way. Jessie killing someone. I mean I know all she did was help me find a store but I saw a lot more than some random stranger dragging me around. I saw a kind person who would never do anything so appalling, no matter the case. I just wish Levi could understand what I was saying instead of being so mean.

She returns, dabbing her eyes with a tissue. "Sorry," she mutters. "That's alright," Levi replies.

"So you're probably here to interrogate me right?"

"Thanks for catching on," he smiles.

"I... I didn't kill Ace," she stutters.

"There's a lot more to it than denial. You have to provide an alibi." He places the cigarette between his lips, releasing another puff. "He died three years back, December 28th. What were you up to then?"

"You expect me to remember what I was doing on a random night three years ago? Everything is a blur."

He shakes his head. "You know something. And don't think I've forgotten that letter you left for him after what he did to you."

She clears her throat. "That was high school, Levi. I was childish and stupid and I just really wanted him to know how angry I was at that moment. Not like he even cared," she mutters. "Sure he embarrassed me in front of the whole school... but I acted like an idiot and I guess I deserved it. That wasn't nearly enough for me to begin plotting a murder... that's so absurd."

"Yes, I agree it's absurd. So why did you do it?"

"I already told you I had no intention of hurting Ace... I can swear, I meant nothing in that letter. I was just stupid okay?"

He rolls his eyes. "Tell me the truth already."

"I... I already did," she mutters.

"Then why are you fidgeting in your seat, why are you playing with your fingers, Jess? I can bet your palms are already sweaty. Just confess and I promise no one will know a word about this. This is a private investigation that I'm carrying out with my assistant. Only the three of us will know, is that okay?"

"No it's not," she fumes. "I already said I have nothing to confess to you. You can't just march into my home and begin accusing me of murder. I don't care what you are, that is very wrong!"

Is this really how murder cases are solved? You just find a suspect and without enough evidence, start accusing them of doing it and forcing them to say the truth? What if that is the truth she's saying? I would never dream of being in a position like this. Knowing the emotional wreck I am, I would start weeping on the spot.

I nudge his arm, throwing him a flustered look. "Don't you think you're being too assumptive?" I whisper.

"I have to make her feel like we know she's done it, if we don't she'll never talk," he whispers back and turns to her. "Now then... there's no need to raise your voice okay? Let's talk like adults. Even if it wasn't you who committed the murder you must know something. You hung out with the jocks, the gamers, the nerds... the cheerleaders... and I'm quite certain a lot of people hated Ace because he was a player, arrogant, pretty much a son of a bitch... you're telling me you don't know... anything?"