Chapter 12 - The Truth Comes Out

Location - Toyama Residence

Your POV

"Wait, you mean to tell me that you were responsible for us breaking up?" I asked Asuka as Kasumi and I came back from our date.

"Yes, I did." She confessed. "And believe me, it wasn't an easy thing for me to pull off."

"But Aa-chan... w-why would you... do that?" Kasumi asked as she was trying to hold back her tears.

"Honestly, I always thought you were wasting your time being with (Y/N), so I got a fake number and texted you saying that (Y/N) is mine, and mine alone."

Hearing Asuka confession for breaking us up was really starting to make me mad. She knew we loved each other, so why couldn't she be happy for us? I might be hurting a little bit, but Kasumi... she was more hurt by the fact that her own sister would do that to her.

"That is it..."

"Huh?" Asuka blinked in confusion.

"I always thought of you as the best sister I have ever had, but because you decided to reveal your true colours..."

Kasumi glared at her sister with tears in her eyes.

"I don't ever want to see you again!"

Kasumi began to breakdown crying really loudly. She placed her head on my shoulder and I started to comfort her. I looked towards Asuka. It might not look like she doesn't care, but I can tell that she feels bad a little bit.

"Onee-chan, I-"

"I think you've done enough damage for once." I said as I took Kasumi away from her sister. One thing is for sure, their mother won't be happy about this.
______________________________________

Location - The Park

I took Kasumi over to the park and because of how late it is, there is no one else here. We sat down on a bench, and Kasumi placed her head on my shoulder, sighing. I had my arm around her, but it wasn't enough to make her happy. I feel bad that poor Kasumi can't seem to catch a break from everything being thrown at her.

"This is a lot to take in for you, isn't it?" I asked.

"Yeah... I just feel so... heartbroken now." Kasumi sighed.

"Well, now that you and Asuka aren't on good terms with each other, what are you going to do now?" I asked.

Kasumi didn't look like she doesn't know what to do. She thought about it for a moment, then gave me her answer.

"Is it okay if I can stay with you and your mom for a bit?" She asked.

"You want to stay with us?"

"Yeah, at least until things cool down."

I already knew that Kasumi had no intention of going back to her own house, and I really didn't want her to be sleeping out on the streets, so at this point, my answer should be obvious.

"Alright, let's go talk to my house and see what she thinks." I said.

"Thanks, (Y/N)-kun! You're the best!"
______________________________________

Location - (L/N) Residence, Living Room

Kasumi and I arrived back to my house. As we stepped inside and remove our shoes, there was my mother, most likely waiting for me to come home.

"Sounds like you went on a really long date." My mother said.

"Yeah, but I need to talk to you about something." I said.

"Oh, what's the matter?"

I began to explain the fallout Kasumi had with her sister, and that she needed a place to stay until things are back to normal.

"So that's what's been going on, huh?"

"Yeah, so can Kasumi stay here for a while?" I asked.

"Please, ma'am?" Kasumi pleaded. "I promise that I won't cause any trouble."

My mom couldn't say no to someone like Kasumi, considering how she provided me with so much happiness.

"Of course you can stay, Kasumi-chan." She said.

"Really? Thanks!"

"That's good, isn't it?" I asked her.

"Yep!"

"(Y/N), could you be a dear and show Kasumi where the guest room is?" My mother requested sweetly.

"Sure thing."
______________________________________

Location - (L/N) Residence, Guest Room

Requested by my mother, I took Kasumi to the guest room. Once we got there, Kasumi jumped on the bed and snuggled with the pillow.

"Ah! This pillow is so soft!" Kasumi declared as she snuggled with the pillow even more.

"Hehe, I am glad you thought so." I said.

Kasumi looked towards me.

"(Y/N)-kun, thank you for letting me stay here." She said. "I just hope I'm not going to cause any trouble for you and your mom."

"Not at all, really." I replied. "If you ever need anything, feel free to ask one of us."

Kasumi nodded her head as I went back to my bedroom, as I felt completely tired over today's events. Tomorrow will be the start of a brand new day. I just hope Kasumi will be okay by then.

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 12 and I hoped you guys liked it. Sounds like I manage to throw a lot at you guys, huh? Do you think Kasumi and Asuka will make amends with each other?

See you in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)