Chapter 6 - Whole-hearted Feelings

A few days after the trip...

Location - Riverside

Your POV

Another school day as ended, and I was glad it did. There was a science I have to do, and I want to make a start on it as soon as possible. Walking alongside the riverside, trying to get home, my phone started ringing. I looked and saw that the caller id was from Kasumi. I wonder what she wanted this time? I answered the call.

"Hello? Kasumi?"

"Hey (Y/N)-kun! Are you free right now?" She asked.

"Yeah, I just got out of school. I take it you got out of school yourself?" I asked.

"I did! And I was so glad that I did!" She replied.

Hehe, complaining about being in school for most of the day does sound like something Kasumi would do.

"Well, you made it through the day, and that is the important part." I told her.

"Yeah, good point." She said, sighing a bit.

"So, why did you call me exactly?" I asked.

"Oh, right! Do you think we can meet up right now? I want to talk to you about something." She said.

I wonder what this could be about?

"I guess we could. Where do you want to meet up?" I asked.

"Is the park a good idea?" She asked.

"Yeah. The park is okay."

"Great! See you there!"

"Yeah, see ya."

We hung up, and I am left to wonder what could Kasumi want from me. Whatever it is, I'll have to wait and see her in person. Without a second to waste, I headed over to the park.
______________________________________

Meanwhile...

Location - Hanasakigawa Girls Academy

Kasumi's POV

I was so excited that I was happy that I was talking to (Y/N) over the phone, and I was even happier that he agreed to meet up with me, but after he hung up, I became nervous all over again. And Arisa, who was there when I made the call, could sense it.

"How rare to see you this nervous." She said.

"I know it is a bit unusual, but I guess this is what being in love does to you." I replied, and let out a nervous chuckle.

"So, are you really going to tell him how you feel?" Arisa asked.

"Of course. I love (Y/N)-kun a lot, and if I don't tell him, someone else might take him from me, and..." I started, but then stopped.

"And?"

"I don't want that to happen!" I said as I cried and hugged Arisa tight. Of course, she was blushing with embarrassment.

"Okay, I get it. You don't want to lose (Y/N). Now can you please let me go and stop crying? You're making a scene." Arisa demanded.

I let her go and wiped away the tears from my eyes.

"Sorry about that. I don't know what came over me..." I said softly.

"You do that all the time, though." Arisa said with an unimpressed look.

"I know, but... I really am scared. What if he rejects me?" I asked.

"I wouldn't worry about that."