Chapter 4 - Where To Stand With Feelings

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

I walked into my bedroom feeling very tired. After hanging around with Kasumi and everyone else all day, I can definitely use the rest. However, something else was on my mind. I mean, I couldn't believe Kasumi kissed me on the cheek out of nowhere like that... I did like it and all, but... I start to wonder where I stand on my feelings for Kasumi. Do I want us to be just friends? Or do I want us to be more than just friends?

"Ugh, thinking about this is starting to give me a headache." I said to myself.

I laid down in my face and planted my face in my pillow.

"Maybe I shouldn't worry about this for now..." I said to myself. And before long, I drifted off to sleep.
______________________________________

A few weeks later...

Location - Riverside

Ah, today was such a beautiful day. The sun was out and the sky was clear. It was a perfect today to go for a stroll. I might be by myself right now, but I didn't care... I was going to make the most of this day. But even being by myself, I couldn't stop thinking about Kasumi kissing me on the cheek. Maybe I do have a crush on her, but I don't think I can ever date her. After all, she and I have been friends for years, and I don't want that to?change anytime soon.

Being lost caused me to bump into someone, and lucky for me, it was a familiar individual.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you!"

"N-No... I'm ok." The person replied.

"Wait, Rimi? Is that you?" I asked.

"Yeah? Oh, you're Kasumi-chan's friend, right?" Rimi asked.

"Yeah, (Y/N) (L/N)." I said, reminding her of my name.

"Good to see you again." Rimi said.

"Likewise." I replied.

"So, what brings you here, (Y/N)-kun? Are you going somewhere?" Rimi asked.

"Oh, I'm not. I'm just getting some air while thinking about something..." I answered.

"Oh, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you thinking about?" She asked.

Rimi has been nice to me since I first met the other members of Poppin' Party. And I do need to get this problem off of my chest, so I guess I can bring it up with her.

"Well, I was trying to figure out where I stand with my feelings with Kasumi." I said.

"Your feelings with Kasumi-chan? What do you mean?" She asked. Sounds like I need to explain myself.

"Well..."

I began to explain how Kasumi kissed me on the cheek, and I have been spending night after night trying to figure out whether or not I was in love with her.

"And that is the problem I am dealing with." I said, after explaining the situation.

"Oh, I see."

"Rimi, what do you think I should do?" I asked.

"Huh? You're asking me what to do?!" Rimi exclaimed.

"Well, yeah." I answered meekly. "But I can understand if you don't know what to do."

"No no, it's fine. It was a bit unexpected, that's all." Rimi replied.

"Oh, my bad."

"It's fine." Rimi said.

"If you want to know what I think, though, I think you should follow your heart and do what you think is best." She went on.

"Do what I think is best?"

"Yep. If you believe you and Kasumi-chan are friends, then you probably want to move on from your feelings and be friends like you always been." Rimi said.

"I guess you do have a point."

"But all the same, if you and Kasumi-chan do become a couple, I am sure that you guys will look cute together." Rimi said as she gave me a cute smile.

Maybe I should try to think on this a little more, but thanks to Rimi, I believe I have a solid idea on what to do now.

"Thanks for your help, Rimi." I said.

"Hehe, don't mention it. That's what friends are for." She replied.

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 4. Thank you guys for reading, and I hope you guys liked it. Two things: 1: Yes, I know this chapter is short, but it covered the main point of it, which was my main goal. The next chapter will be probably longer than this. 2: I know it is unusual to see this on a Tuesday, but this is a one time thing. The next chapter will appear on Monday like normal. See you in the next chapter, and have a good one.