Part 13

I stepped out of the shower while drying my wet hair with a towel and another one wrapped around my body. Because the room was cold thanks to the A.C., I wrapped my hair with the towel I used to dampened it and hurriedly dried my body to warm myself up. I changed into my spare clothes, which I had grabbed in the backseat of my car earlier when I was looking for some water for Elizabeth to drink.

Just as I was about to jump on the bed and snuggle under the blankets, I heard a gentle knock coming  from outside the door. Even though I was tired and sleepy, I walked sluggishly to the door, assuming to see the receptionist, but rather saw Lizzie when I opened, standing outside my room, carrying a white plastic bag. From what I could make out of the contents inside the bag, I could see two pints of ice cream and some other items but I couldn't tell what they were exactly.

"Who wants some ice cream?" She said in a sing-song voice while waving the bag mid-air before proceeding to enter my room before I could even invite her in.

I stood in front of my now-ajar door, with a smile of confusion on my face. "Ice cream? at this time? " I said, as I closed the door completely shut behind me.

She laughed at my sentence and playfully said; "Well, don't tell your mother." as she gave me a playful wink.

"Alright then. What do you have for us?"

"They only had Cookie Dough and Black Raspberry Chip." She explained. "I wasn't sure which one you'd prefer, so I ended up choosing both," She said as she took the ice cream from the bag and handed me a spoon. I took the spoon, and we sat in the middle of the bed, our legs crossed.

"Let's dig in." I said.
____________________________________
"And done." I said as I licked my spoon clean and tossed it into the empty ice cream pint.

"That was so good," Lizzie exclaimed as she tossed her spoon into the empty pint as well. "Let's eat this other ice cream another time; I'm getting sick from all the ice cream we ate today."

"Here, drink some water," I said as I handed her a bottle of water before grabbing our garbage from the bed and putting it in the plastic bag to clean it up.

"You definitely do love ice cream, don't you?" I observed, amused, since she had almost devoured the entire pint by herself. She smiled as she nodded her head like a kid in agreement with what I had just said.

"Guilty."

"So, Miss Olsen, when did your love of ice cream begin?" I said, moving an imagined microphone close to her mouth so she could respond. My voice sounded like the stereotypical interviewer voice we hear on TV.

She laughed and went along with my foolish antics as she grabbed the imaginary microphone before answering; "Well, when I was younger, I was not allowed to eat anything I wanted. So all those gluten free, dairy free, whatever free diets, I have already tried." She said. "My mom was so strict with our diets and stuff that we weren't allowed to eat what most 5 year old wanted."

"Well, it's not too late to heal our inner child." I said

____________________________________

After a few minutes of chatting, I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth using the toothbrush Lizzie brought for us, which she had purchased from the convenience store downstairs. "You know, Lizzie, I didn't imagine you'd be like this when we first met," I replied, wiping the toothpaste remnants from the corner of my lips. "I expected you'd be quiet and serious to be around with, but I was mistaken; you're actually a lot of fun and super amusing," I said as I checked myself one last time at the mirror. "I know this is stupid, but I hope this isn't the last time we see each other."

I waited for a response from her, but when all I heard was silence, "Lizzie?" I called out when I couldn't hear Lizzie respond. I exited the restroom and turned off the lights to check on her. When I finally saw her, she was sleeping peacefully on my bed. I approached her and tucked the hair that had fallen into her face behind her ear. I laughed when she snored lightly. "Goodnight, Beth," I said as I exited the room and turned off the lights.

__________________________________

A.N.

hi! I hoped you liked this chapter. < 3