Part 8

Friday, 10:45 am

I'm home alone, on my laptop working.
It has been five days since I have last seen or heard from Elizabeth. She haven't given me a call yet, so I'm not so sure if I'm still getting my phone back.

I was rummaging through my pantry to look for something to eat when I heard my landline ring, I hurriedly went to answer the phone and placed it on my ear, part of me hoping it was her.

"Hello?" I asked the person on the other end of the line.

"Y/n?" Said the other person. I know that voice from somewhere, I just couldn't figure out who it was, so I asked to be sure,  "Yes, this is she. Who's this please?"

"Hi, um.. it's me, Elizabeth." As soon as I heard her mention her name, a feeling of relief gushed over my body.

"Hey, Elizabeth. How are you?" I asked her as I leaned on the wall, my left arm supporting my right elbow which was holding the telephone. She replied she was good.

"So, I'm free today and I have your phone with me. Are you free? We can meet up so I could give you back your phone." She told me. I told her I was just finishing up some work, so we set a time and a place to meet later for lunch after I was done with work.

"Ok, great. See you later!" She said. We bid our goodbyes after planning out the rest of our day before hanging up the call.

When the line disconnected, I hurriedly went back to my desk to finish what I was working on earlier. Excitement flushed over me, and I don't know if it's because of the fact that I'm finally getting my phone back or because of a different reason.

After finally being able to finish my work, I wasted no time and went inside my bathroom and had a long and refreshing shower.

After my shower, I went outside of the bathroom and looked at the wall clock to check the time, It was already around 11:25 am so I quickly got dressed and left the house.

____________________________________
It didn't take me long to be at our intended destination, "The Lakeside Lounge". I'd say it took me about 15-20 minutes to get there. I walked towards the restaurant after getting out of my car and letting the valet park it.

"Good noon, miss. Table for how many?" inquired the enthusiastic brunette waitress as soon as I stepped into the establishment. Before responding the Waitress' question, I looked around the room for Elizabeth, and alas, she was there already.

"oh um, I'm with her." I told the waitress, awkwardly pointing to Elizabeth's seat. Then I made my way to the table.

"Hello," I said, awkwardly waving my hand and smiling at her.

"Hey!" she said as soon as she noticed I was approaching the table. "Come, take a seat," she said, motioning to the chair across from her.

"Wow, this place is... classy," I said, appreciating the interior designs of the restaurant. "You've never been here?" Elizabeth asked, clearly surprised that I've never been here before. No, I shook my head.

"Well, I think you're gonna love it here." She said excitedly.

"Oh, by the way," she said as she took her bag and sat it on her lap. She didn't take long to hand me my phone. "Oh my god, thank you so much," I said, my face beaming with joy and gratitude.

"I charged it for you just incase you needed to use it immediately." She said smiling and taking a sip of her mimosa.

"That's so sweet, thank you, Elizabeth." I said in awe. "Please, call me Lizzie." She said with a smile. "Ok, Lizzie."

We ate in a comfortable but slightly awkward silence when our food finally arrived. Lizzie decided to break the quietness by questioning me.

"So, what do you do for a living?" she asked, making eye contact and clearly interested in what I was about to say. "Oh, I'm an architect," I revealed, wiping my mouth with a towel to display proper etiquette.

"That's so impressive. You must be so creative then." She told me, in a slightly teasing tone. "No." I told her as I chuckled, shyness evident in my voice and face. 

I asked her the same question again, and for a brief moment, she had that look of hesitation on her face. She had the same look of uneasiness right before she told me her real name.

She sat up straight and smiled as she said, "I'm actually an actress." I wasn't thinking too much about it because there are a lot of aspiring actors in Los Angeles. "Really? That's so cool. What movies have you been in?" I questioned, curious but not making judgments.

"Oh just a few ones." She said, as she took a bite of her Chicken and waffles. "Really? Which ones? Maybe I've seen some of your work." I told her as I took a bite of fries.

"Um... let's see," she said, squinting her eyes as she remembered the movies she'd been in. "I was in Martha Marcy May Marlene. Um.. Old boy. I don't know if you've seen or even heard of those movies, but those are just one of the few I've been in."

Lizzie sounded nervous as she listed the films in which she has appeared, so I didn't bother asking or forcing her to name any others. "That's fantastic; I'll make sure to watch those and see how talented my new friend is," I teased.

She rolled her eyes at me, and we just ate our lunch in a peaceful and comfortable silence. Every now and then, we'll ask each other  questions.
_____________________________________
AU:
Hiya! This chapter's kinda shit but I promise  I'll release better ones. I'm kinda not in the "writers" headspace currently.

thank you for still reading this tho, appreciate it. Love ya! 🥰