Part 10

We carried on walking through the park until we came upon an ice cream stand. Lizzie wanted to try their Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream, while I wanted their Pralines and Cream, so we decided to stop for some.

"Who actually wants to eat Pralines and Cream, what are you, an old person?" As she ate a scoop of her Fudge brownie ice cream, Lizzie teased me.

"Hey, don't you speak ill of my ice cream. Have you even tried Pralines and cream before?" I retorted, acting offended and insulted as a joke.

"No, I don't think I have." She said as she pondered whether she had ever tasted this flavor before.

I chuckled lightly at the dirty blonde girl's remark. "What do people say nowadays? Oh yes, don't knock it 'til you try it, lizard," I said as I ate a spoonful of ice cream to prove that it's actually rather tasty.

"Lizard?" She asked laughing at the nickname.

"Yeah, lizard."

"But why?" She inquired, her smile still bright from the nickname I had just given her.

"Because it's close to Lizzie. You know, Lizzie/Lizard same thing," I explained, my gaze fixed on the ice cream cup in my hand, but I sense her gaze on me. While still smiling, she formed a puzzled expression.

"Oh, and Lizards are small and cute, and so are you." I replied nonchalantly as I smiled at her and walked away, leaving her behind.

She caught up to me, and we continued walking side by side, taking in the sights of the Park while people-watching and making up our own stories about what we imagine each stranger passing us by has gone through or what they may be like.

___________________________________
"Do you see that guy right there?" I asked, pointing to the man sitting on the bench across from us.

"That one?" Lizzie asked, pointing to the man sitting across from us who was wearing an old pair of headphones and eating a hotdog.

"Yeah, him. I bet he-" Before I could finish, Lizzie's phone started ringing, startling both of us.

The blonde girl dashed to her bag and rummaged through it in search of her phone. She finally found her cellphone after searching every nook and cranny of her bag, and she quickly answered the call that had been ringing for almost a minute.

"Hello, Macy?" she inquired. When they began talking, I turned my head to look in front of me rather than at her, implying that I was not listening in on their conversation.

Lizzie placed her phone inside her bag and lightly tapped me on the shoulder after they had been talking for a minute. I turned to face her and gave her a soft questioning expression.

"It was my assistant Macy, and she said they wanted me to go back to set because we needed to reshoot some scenes, said they noticed a mistake in the footage while viewing the outtakes, and we need to shoot some scenes for additional footage to provide for the background," she said shyly.

"Oh, it's all right; you can go, I understand," I reassured her.

"Well, she said my driver had to go home because his wife was in labor, so I was thinking maybe you could drive me to set? If you don't mind, of course, and if it's not too much trouble for you."

"I don't mind at all," I said with a warm smile.

"Are you sure?" she asked, "because if you are, I don't mind taking an uber."

"No, I'll drive you there so I can be sure you're safe."
__________________________________
A.U:
Hiii, I know it took me so long to publish another chapter but, here I am!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!😊