𝟏𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭

I am growing very tired of men

I am growing very tired of men. Especially this one. Sitting across on the coach, Parker looks at me, wanting acknowledgement. I try to ignore it, turning around and burying my face in my newest novel I got from the biggest bookstore in London. Absolute paradise.

"Athelia"

I pick up my head, coming almost face to face with Ember, her elbows on the table separating us. She looks at me with a confused expression "are you okay?"

I shake my head "yeah I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be" I say, trying to play it cool but from the corner of my eye I can see Parker smirking. Fucker.

"You've been staring at the same page for almost twenty minutes. We all know you're not dyslexic. Are you okay?" She tried to joke, making Naomi laugh, who does happen to be dyslexic. I smile a little.

"I'm fine, mum" I say, as she sticks her tongue at me. I'm the oldest, born on March 21st with Naomi on 11th of May and surprisingly, Ember is the youngest, born November 13th. She glares at me, although she fully knows she's the mother of the group, always making sure nothing bad happens. I feel something poking my shoulder, turning I see a half asleep Naomi, who was drooling on my shoulder and using me as her personal pillow moments ago. She has her pink, silk sleeping mask on her head, her pink hair all over the place.

She yawns "can you let me out? I need to fix myself before we arrive". Nodding, I get up when the coach makes a sudden turn, throwing everyone back. Naomi hits our seats falling flat on her ass as I fall backwards, right into a lap and a set of strong, muscular arms. The coach pulls to a sudden stop, the driver opens the door and rushes out as Scott and Celia get up from their seats at the front of the coach, rushing after him. I try to get up only to be held tighter. I turn around, ready glare at whoever is holding me hostage but instead meet Parker's eyes with a glimmer of something I can't quite understand. Worry? No.

"Falling for me, princess" he smirks. Worry my ass. Instead of answering, I lightly elbow him in the stomach as his arms release me. I realise we are the only ones left on the coach. Everyone must have gone outside to see what was going on. I head for the door as Parker's palm holds my elbow, pulling me to a stop.

"What is your problem?" I say, trying to shake off his hand only for him to grip it tighter.

"You. You are my problem" he says, eyes determined. "A thank you would be nice. I saved your ass twice now"

"I didn't ask to be saved. Don't pretend to be a hero, it doesn't suit you" I fire back

"You're such a spoiled brat" Parker says. Suddenly I am aware of the lack of room for god between our bodies, Parker's lips millimetres from mine. I try to focus.

"Spoiled? Sorry to break it to you, Parker, but there is many things in the world other than money you need to be spoiled. I wish I was spoiled when-" I am cut off as my breath is stolen away from me, replaced by the feeling of Parker's lips on mine as he swoops in. He leaves no room for argument, pressing our bodies tighter against each other. I feel all of him. His hand leave my arm, travelling to my hip and tagging me closer as his other grasps the side of my neck, guiding the kiss. I kiss him back, feeling the softness and warmth of his lips on mine. Holy shit. He kisses better than anyone I've ever kissed. Damn him. I moan when he bites my lower lip to which he grunts, clearly satisfied with the sound. My hands start exploring, moving along his arm muscle, definitely not disappointing me. There is a crash outside, followed by a bunch of curses. I break away from Parker as he tried to deepen the kiss. I don't look at him before turning and hurrying to leave the coach. I touch my lips, feeling the
swelling form.