𝟕. 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐞

"Private Flight, number 6442, is due to board with a slight delay of half an hour

"Private Flight, number 6442, is due to board with a slight delay of half an hour. We do apologise for the inconvenience and wish you a safe journey" the voice booms though the speaker. "Safe journey my ass" Athelia mumbles as she sips on her third coffee of the day despite the fact it's eight in the morning and way too early to even be awake. Seated on two sofas facing each other with a table separating us, I scroll through various gossip platform, reading about what the people think of the campaign and us teaming up with the Bernadi team. Apparently we are 'desperate' and the team are 'geniuses' for this strategy. Typical. Naomi turns her head in the our direction as she sketches on the table near by, "at least we have a private lounge" she tries as she smiles comfortingly at Athelia and I. As if the god decided to spite us, the door opens and in walks in Scott along with the team, strutting in as if they own the place. All look at us as Scott says "ladies" with a tip of his head and heads for the bar. Theo goes to the high tables by the window, staring outside while Spencer heads for the cushioned chairs by the far end of the bar, giving me a side glance on the way and making this very awkward. No doubt someone already noticed the weird tension around us. Athelia does not look up from her book as Parker drops his weight onto her sofa, making her jump. He pulls out his phone, his finger scrolling on the screen but his eyes keep wondering towards Athelia's book, sometimes peering at her face, scrunched in concentration as she reads. The sofa dips as someone sits on it and I turn my face to the person. Spencer. "Are you done ignoring me?" He whispers. I look around but no one is looking at us so I turn back, whispering "I'm not ignoring you" "why are you looking to see if someone is watching then?" He asks "I was just looking" I try to miserably defend myself and fail as he looks at me in disbelief. I can't keep myself from asking "have you told anyone" he looks me in the eyes as he says "about what". Does he really want me to say it? Ugh. Men. "About..." I try to give him a look but he pretends to be clueless and I've never been very patient. "That night" I whisper "the night before the meeting when we slept together?" He looks me in the eye with a smirk. I try to shrink into the sofa. This is excatly the reason it's a one night stand and no one mentioned it again. That's the rule of the one night stand and if people, god forbid the media, find out, it will look horrible on our image. "Yes. That night" he must see he's making me uncomfortable because his eyes soften and he whispers a quiet "no." "It will look bad on everyone I'd they find out" I whisper. He leans forward, his face mere millimetres away from mine as he whispers with raised eyebrows"that we had amazing sex?". It's hard not to focus on his lips as he says this, I swallow loudly, forcing my eyes away from him and his goddamn lips to see everyone, caught up in their own stuff and not paying attention to us. I look back at him in determination "it was decent" "it was better than decent" he argues. I look him dead in the eyes as I whisper, lips carefully forming every word "it was absolutely average" his eyes trail my lips as I speak before he brings his own to my ear, the breath tickling "then I'll have to remind you, won't I?". My breath is caught in my lungs. I have rules when it comes to my sex life. No attachment is one of them. One night and that's it. Nothing else. Being that close to someone, trusting someone more than they ought to be trusted never ends well. Learned this the hard way. Before I get a chance to respond, the speaker rumbles "Ladies and Gentlemen, the private flight 6442 is now ready to board. Please head to the private space where the plane is now waiting for you. Thank you and have a safe journey." I don't look at Spencer as I pack my stuff, throwing my bag over my shoulder I say "no thank you" and with that I head for the gate, not waiting for anyone.

•••
Turns out the plane isn't so private when the Bernardi guys boards with you. Apparently something about showing how great of friends we all are together. Friends my ass. "When we land, there is going to be press waiting for us, taking pictures. Don't talk. Just smile. And please, for the love of god and everything above, don't cause trouble" Celia begs all of us, the guys looking as bored of this as we are. Athelia, Naomi and I occupy the four seats with a table while very unfortunately, the guys are to our right, sitting by a very similar table and same chairs. I turn my music on, the headphones playing Oh no by Marina at full blast. I close my eyes and tilt my head back, resting it on the seat. Someone tugs my earphone. "Hey!" I say, taking the earphone back from Athelia as she says "hey" she responds. That sarcastic bitch. "I want to talk to you" she continues "what about" I say, lowering my music "why is Spencer staring at you" she glances in his direction but I don't dare to take my eyes off her. "I don't know. Men" I try to she continues to look at me. After a while she just drops the subjects, mumbling an okay before going back to her book.
Deciding to straighten my legs, I stand up, heading for the end of the plane with the bathrooms. The door suddenly swings open, almost in my face if I did not suddenly step out of the way. I look up to notice Spencer. Of fucking course. "My bad" he smirks. I look at him "it's okay" I try to get past him when unsuccessfully he takes my wrist, his hand wrapping around it, pulling me into the bathroom and shutting the door. "What the hell" I rip my wrist away from him, then push him, his back hitting the bathroom door. He is nothing if not persistent. The bathroom is small, our breaths mingling, he whispers, so close I can feel his breath on my skin "give me a chance. Dinner" I laugh at the absurdity of this "sureeee" I say sarcastically. His lips are dangerously close to mine. Almost touching. "Give. Me. A. Chance." He says. I don't know how moved closer but our lips meet, yet we don't kiss. "No" I whisper, not meaning it yet I do. He captures my lips into his, kissing me, sliding his tongue and meeting mine. Turing us around, my back meets the door, not for long when Spencer's large palms grip my ass and wrapping my legs around his waist before I sit on the vanity, our lips never leaving each other, continuing to explore and taste. The door suddenly bangs. "Hey" a muffled voice says. Spencer tucks his head into my neck, disturbed and annoyed as I slip out of his arms, my feet landing on the floor before I turn to him, trying to keep calm "no" I say with more determination than I can muster. If you convince yourself, you can convince anyone. Not looking at Spencer, I open the door, coming face to face with Parker. Of course. He looks behind me at Spencer, his eyebrows raised before he looks back at me. I don't say anything as I shove past him, leaving them behind and find my seat. I drop into it, getting questioning looks from the Athelia and Naomi. I don't indulge in it as I put my headphone back in, putting the music on full volume and blocking everything outside, resting my head against the window and looking outside.

Authors Note

Hey. Another chapter. Tell me how you like this story so far. The news about the world currently is insane and I am terrified of how it can escalate. My prayers are with Ukraine, its people and families. Please stay safe, take care of yourselves!
Ily <3