Part X

"Every End is a New Beginning"

Riddhima stared at her Mehendi clad hands, or better yet at a specific name intricated in the design. She was feeling mixed emotions at the moment, anger, sadness, and a tiny bit happy. She was not sure which one was prominent out of these feelings.

It had been exactly 25 days since she left VR Mansion and three days since she got a divorce. It was a roller coaster ride for her. Her now ex-husband made it almost impossible. She still didn't understand what changed overnight that he got ready to divorce her but whatever it was she was glad he finally did it.

Vansh liked making things difficult for her, whatever may be the case. Be it marriage or divorce or anything in between for that matter. Before marriage, she used to think Vansh was egoistic, arrogant, MCP. As her feelings started to change she realized he was the broken man who was the sole caretaker and protector of his family. The same family who always expected everything from him giving nothing in return. She wondered, didn't it bother him? she never got an answer to her question and now may never know.

Her respect grew. He was the man of his words. Maybe that is what made her fall for him. Otherwise a simple and principled girl like her would fall for a man who did not think twice before pointing a gun or throwing a knife at her? Never.

She loved him, still does. If someone asks her 'what do you want?' she will immediately reply 'I want to go back to Vansh. I want to forgive him and start afresh with him' that is what she wanted but not what she needed. She definitely needed to start afresh but that should be away from that toxic family. This divorce process made her realize he was stubborn child.

The day she left VR Mansion, she thought they would be going back to her hostel. Apparently, Mishra and Sejal had some other plans. Mishra rented a flat in his building for girls. They had it all planned out. She didn't know when they planned it. Maybe when both were staying together. There was a change in the air around them. She could feel it. Mishra had adjusted the car mirror so that he could look at Sejal. She kept throwing covert glances at him. Mishra brought an extra officer with him, just in case Vansh or anyone else tried to stop her or did something. But no one did any such thing. Vansh was too shocked and shattered to do anything else.

The moment their luggage was deposited in their new home, Riddhima turned to her friend

"What is going on between you two?"

"What? Nothing? I don't know what are you talking about?" Sejal kept drinking water to avoid answering further questions

"Do you think I am blind?" Riddhima asked her with raised eyebrows.