Part III

"Treat her like a queen and she'll treat you like a king.

Treat her like a game and she'll show you how it's played"

"Riddhima beta, you are going to the temple?" Dadi stated

"Yes, Dadi. Do you want to come?"

"No, I have not taken a bath yet. You go and pray to Bappa." Dadi looked troubled

"Dadi, please come here" Riddhima led Dadi to her room. "Did you sleep well?"

"Sleep?" Dadi gave out a hollow laugh.

"How can I sleep when my home is falling apart? Ishani is getting divorced today. Vansh was saying they will get a divorce in a week. Because she is already pregnant with Sunny's child and...and because Aangre and Ishani are were not husband and wife in true sense. Their marriage may get nullified"

"I spoke with Aangre yesterday." She informed Dadi.

"Aangre? How is he? In all this mess I forgot to ask him. He must be going through hell. His decision is not even taken into consideration."

"He will be okay. Vansh told him not to sign divorce papers." She said casually

"And you think this is wrong?" Dadi asked her

"It is Vansh's decision Dadi. He will never make any decisions that are bad for his family members. He will always try to protect them."

"He can be wrong though. What do you think must be done" Dadi looked at her intently

"Whatever Vansh says. I am getting late."

"Riddhima, please tell me truthfully what you think? I want to know your opinion" Dadi held her hand

"I think it is not fair for Aangre to be stuck with a partner who may never love him. He deserves an equal chance at love. Unless Ishani is ready to mend her ways, there is no use in keeping them together."

She reached the door and turned "And Dadi I think sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place."

*****

Riddhima folded her hands as she prayed to Bappa. The crowd was comparatively less during morning time. With corona restrictions in place, it was better to reach here early.

Today no one was going to meet her. She sat in the temple calmly and marveled at how far she has come in this journey. If someone had told her a month back that she will teach all those brats lessons she would have laughed at them.

It was for Vansh she never did anything against his family. From the moment she fell in love with him everything she did was for him.