He could hear the siblings talking about the food, but he did not care. He continued to walk toward the man-eating tree's territory.]

"Heh. "I didn't care," he says while giving them food affectionately."

Bud really thinks that this guy is an oddball. If he truly didn't care about them, then he wouldn't have done that. Seriously, why does he continue to refuse to admit the truth?

"Haaa."

He sighs as shook his head in disbelief.

[Oooooooooooooong-]

Many shivers in fear. They still find the sound creepy. Its scary background isn't helping with the situation either.

["...It's a bit scary."

The black tree without any leaves seemed to be moving its branches to welcome Cale. This eerie feeling made Cale nervous, but he still poured the contents of the bag into the hole underneath the tree.

The bread quickly disappeared.

It was at that moment.

"...More, give me more."]

Those who don't own or know anything about ancient powers flinches in shock. They didn't know that these powers have their own voices!

While some were brimming with fascination. They started jotting down notes in glee.

"Hehehehehehe"

They felt so lucky compared to their other colleagues who aren't here with them, completely forgetting they were literally kidnapped in the first place. It was a rare oppurtunity to find out more about these things.

After all, ancient powers are extremely rare.

"Pffft—"

Bud only chuckles. He found it amusing to see their reactions. Their reactions were understandable, of course. After all, these guys knew little to none about ancient powers.

'The voice is only temporary though. It would disappear once you have acquired the ancient power.'

['...It's driving me crazy.'

The response he read about in the novel showed up. It was the voice of a weak girl. Yes, the person who starved to death was a priestess who served a god. However, unlike the present day priestesses of the temples or churches, the ancient priestesses were shamans. The majority of the ancient shamans could be considered people who had superpowers or natural forces under their command.]

"A shaman... as priest or priestess."

With eyes shining with excitement, many historians and scholars were shaking. They couldn't wait to get back to their world. They wanted to share this piece of info to everyone!

[Cale quickly grabbed the bag and started to move.

'Cale, come to my study tonight.'

That was what his father, Deruth, had said to Cale when he went to get some allowance. That was why he had to leave here before evening at the latest.

'Half.'

He came here with the intention of taking care of half of the gluttony of the tree today. He went back down the hill to get more bread. He could see the two siblings looking at him with cake on their lips.]