it would be a waste of time they all said... but here I was today. I had mad respect for her being she stuck by me all these years and kept pushing. we've come so far and I love her dearly. what was once a strictly business relationship blossomed to something more. and now we are the best of friends I wouldn't want it any other way.

"𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐚.. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭."

I said grabbing my phone from her which she was handing over to me as we walked out of the place thru a back entrance and into the blacked out suburban that waited for us to get in before pulling off. 

she chuckled buckling up.

Lia: Ok!!! what I really want to say is OH MY FUCKING GOOD OLIVIA YOUR ALBUM IS GONNA DO SO WELL!!!!

I laughed at her.

"𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐰𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐲."

Lia: And to think people was trying to say your career was over... you were still new to everything and barely getting started... sure you had a rough bump. but this... this will really show them how wrong they were to sleep on you! 

I grabbed her shoulder causing her to stop her rant and look over at me... before nodding. 

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐚, 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐧.."

she frown nodding before she looked down at her phone as she received a call she answered it and I stared down at my heels playing with the rhinestones on the strap.... I really have came a long way

My name is Olivia jones. I'm 25 living in the world as an rejected soulmate.... yeah you heard right. "rejected" 

when you turn 20 you receive a special tattoo somewhere on your body. along with that tattoo a specific code of numbers appears in small writing on the wrist of your dominant hand.

You can only imagine how excited I was when I got both on my 20th bday. but there's a kick. your soulmate could literally be anywhere. 

people believe its the gods stepping in to change the worlds nasty look and habits on treating others different due to their race and ethnicity. the world had become such a nasty place and in the year 2031 everything changed.... its when many people believed the gods had, had enough of the endless wars and mindless actions of the world.

People had to get used to the idea that love was chosen for them.. you were destined to love who was the best fit for you... threw this a lot of other things about our world was fixed as well...

but anyways....in order to find your soulmate you had to go to the doctor and register. they took pictures of both tattoos and filed then in your files along with blood samples.

so.. soulmate registry is what they call it. After completing mine I waited patiently to hear back.. my soulmate can be anywhere and anyone... there were many cases of people having more than one soulmate. a group of soulmates... people were even astonished to find out that couples of the same sex became openly accepted {as they should be...}