Chapter Twelve: It's...Warm

Start from the beginning

There was a quiet knock on her front door, it would have gone unnoticed if her house wasn't filled with static silence. Yelling out a quick 'coming', she walked to the door and was ready to greet whoever it was until she noticed the familiar mop of black hair and the pale face it framed that seemed to have picked up some colour.

"Sorry to bother you, I just don't have anywhere else to go." He mumbled.

Hinata shushed him and moved out of the way, immediately going to get a towel so he could dry his hair. She came back to see that he long discarded his jacket, his arms crossed as he tried heating himself up.

"I told you I had another jacket." She scolded in a soft voice, she handed him the towel and walked back into her house.

"And I regret that." He grumbled, flopping onto the couch as he dried his hair.

"I'll go find some spare clothes that you can wear, a warm shower would help you." She said, not waiting for his response as she disappeared into her bedroom.

There wasn't much that could possibly fit him but she did have an extra pair of Neji's clothes that he continuously forgot whenever he visited. She placed the clothes inside the bedroom Sasuke would be staying in. She walked back into the room to let him know everything was ready.

"I don't know if they would fit you, they're my cousin's clothes and he's a little taller than you." She tucked her hair behind her ear. "The bathroom is just a little ways down from the bedroom, I'll leave you alone." Hinata smiled.

Sasuke placed the towel over his shoulder and nodded, thanking her silently for her hospitality. He really needed to find a way out of here so he wasn't a bother for too long.

The shower was something he really needed. As the warm water fell against his cold skin, he let out a sigh as his muscles relaxed. He was still tired from the night before, and his eyes still stung from all the crying he did. His heart seemed to have frozen that night, his blood was running cold and he didn't know what to feel anymore.

Sasuke was a little grateful to be away from Sakura for a bit, but he was still worried about how he would get home. Again, he didn't have the necessary documents he would need to travel back to America. He pushed his hair back and frowned, how exactly would he get back home?

Turning off the shower, he stepped out of the steaming bathroom with the towel wrapped tightly around his waist. His hair was still dripping wet as he walked into the bedroom and changed into the clothes Hinata offered him, not complaining in the slightest even though it was a little bit baggy on him.

He met Hinata in the living room watching a show that he did not understand much of, she was scrolling on her phone, as though she was ignoring his presence.

Just like Sakura did.

His fists were clenched, resting on his knees as he stared at the television and tried to take his mind off of the bile that rose in his throat as he heard Hinata laugh to herself.

Hinata's ringtone snapped him out of his daze, she answered right away and left him alone on the couch. Before she disappeared into her bedroom, she handed him the remote and smiled.

"I have Netflix so you can find anything you want to watch on there." Her hand covered her phone's speaker so that whoever was on the other end couldn't hear what she said. "There are some snacks in the fridge and if you need anything, don't be afraid to knock."

Sasuke stared at the remote in his hand and back at her, nodded and said a small thanks before she left. He sat alone on the couch and stared at the television, switching the programs mindlessly like he usually did.