The Man

Small voices filled your head as you stood in the dark. The voices of your friends could be heard talking but they were nowhere in sight. Then suddenly, an image appeared in front of you from the fight with Callaghan. You stood on the bridge with Hiro, but this time instead of the knife being in your shoulder, it was in Hiro's.

You watched as he was pushed over the rail by Callaghan. You could feel yourself trembling but no sound would come out and you couldn't move. It was an awful feeling of having a scream bubbled up inside your throat as your heart pounded in your chest. In this version, Hiro was the one who died. And he didn't come back.

You gasped as you shot up in bed. You had sweat on your forehead and your heart was pounding. Tadashi slept soundly beside you and you sighed in relief when you saw Hiro sleeping in his own bed as well. Quietly, you slipped out of bed and made your way downstairs. You got a cup of water before you sat on the couch and turned on the tv.

You watched some cartoons as you tried to fall asleep again but it wasn't helping. It was about five in the morning and you wanted to try to sleep before you had to go to SFIT. It had been a week since the incident with the monsters and Callaghan; Hiro and Tadashi has mostly got over the shock of it all. Although you were used to stuff like this, frequent nightmares still attacked you in your sleep.

You, Tadashi, and Hiro had all been absent from school for the whole week, but it was time to go back. Your friends from New York were leaving soon, and as much as you wanted to take another week off you couldn't.

"(Y/n)?" You heard someone whisper and you turned to see Tadashi.

He quietly made his way down the stairs before taking a seat beside you. "What are you doing up?" You asked as you cuddled up to him.

"I could say the same for you. I woke up because you weren't next to me. Are you okay?" He asked softly as he lifted you up on his lap.

You smiled and pecked his lips, "Yeah, it was just a nightmare."

Tadashi frowned at that and you giggled. "Come on Hamada, turn that frown upside down." You goofed, as you pinches his cheeks.

"I wish you didn't get nightmares." He pouted and you gave him a sad smile.

"I know. But they're getting better. I promise." You wrapped your arms around his neck before placing another kiss on his lips.

"You should really stop kissing me if you want to get any sleep before school." He smirked and you rolled your eyes.

"Don't even remind me. I need another week of relaxation." Tadashi chuckled at your complaint.

With one swift move he lifted you up as he stood, causing you to yelp in surprise. You quickly wrapped your legs around his torso as he held you up. "Let's go back to bed so you can try to get a few more hours of sleep."

"Or, how about we do something else? Something we both would enjoy?" You suggested as you played with the collar of his shirt, causing him to raise a brow.

You looked up at Tadashi through your lashes as you gave him an innocent look. "You can't suggest something naughty and then pretend to be innocent. Although it is a very adorable look on you." Tadashi chuckled and you smiled.

You hopped off Tadashi and landed on the ground. "I guess I'll see you in the shower then, Dashi." You smirked as you turned and ran back up the stairs.
As you entered the bathroom as you heard Tadashi's quick footsteps following you up the stairs.