The Apology

You sat in the empty cafe, trying to figure out what you were doing. You couldn't remember how you had gotten to such a dark and empty place but you knew this wasn't the Lucky Cat Cafe. Or at least it wasn't the Lucky Cafe you remembered.

"Aunt Cass?" You called out into the silence.

"(Y/n)." It was a faint whisper but you still heard it.

You turned your body to the side to see someone familiar. Tadashi stood by the stairs, his face pale and his eyes sunken. He looked almost as if he had the life sucked out from inside him. "It's too late."

"It's too late." Tadashi whispered over and over.

"What's too late?" You asked hesitantly and his eyes met yours in a dull stare.

"Why didn't you warn us?" His voice cracked and you swallowed.

"What did I do?"

Tadashi pointed towards the cafe door and you stood quietly, walking up to it then pulling the glass doors open. You were met with bodies piled up in the street. The dead faces of your friends from Camp Half-Blood, the new friends you made in San Fransokyo , and at the top of the pile, Tadashi's body lay there lifeless.
Everything was covered in blood and you felt sick.

"Who did this?" You choked out, your hand over your mouth.

"(Y/n) why didn't you tell us? Because of you they came for us. You should've told me." Tadashi's voice rung in your head but the figure you saw inside the cafe was no longer there.

"Who's they? What should I have told you?" You cried, looking for Tadashi.

"The monsters. You hurt me so you could hide your secret. If you had only told me, you could've saved us. Instead you neglected us, all of us." Tadashi appeared in front of you again and you took a step back.

"No, I. That's not possible. I didn't, it couldn't have been my fault!" You denied, tears streaming down your face.

"You killed us." Tadashi whispered pushing you towards the bloody mess.

You tripped, falling on your knees in front of everyone your hands and clothes covered in blood. "No! Stop this!"

"No!" You shot up in bed, covered in sweat and tears.

You gasped as you grasped at your chest. It was the first time you had a nightmare since you moved to San Fransokyo. Even though it was only a few weeks without the night terrors, you forgot how real they felt.

"(Y/n)?" Hiro whispered as he peeked through the divider.

"Yeah?" You whispered quietly, your voice trembling from the tears.

"Are you okay?" He asked taking a seat beside you on the bed.

"I'll be okay. It was only a nightmare. I'm sorry, did I wake you?" You apologized, whipping your tears.

"Yeah, but it's okay. You were crying so I got worried. It must've been a really bad dream, you look horrible." Hiro handed you a small towel and you thanked him.

"They just feel so real. It's another demigod thing you know? The constant nightmares and insomnia." You sighed and he frowned.

"That sucks. Have you been having nightmares every night?" Hiro asked and you shook your head.

"It's strange but ever since I came here the nightmares had stopped. Today was the first time in weeks. I feel like it's because of what happened with Tadashi, he was the main thing in my dream." You said and Hiro nodded in understanding.