Pizza's Party: Part One

💫

The Pizzas rented out all of FunLand for the twins, but it was still packed. Colored lights strung between lampposts, casting rainbow hues onto every guest who walked underneath. Under the light of the moon and the flickering Ferris wheel, you knew that tonight would be a good night.

"(Y/N)" Steven called from behind you.

You stopped past the entrance sign and turned around excitedly, not expecting Connie to be at Steven's side.

"Of course they would come together," you told yourself. "They're friends."

"Hey!" You smiled, trying not to let your disappointment show.

"Woah, Jenny really put her all into this party!" Connie said, gawking at her surroundings.

"Yeah, I don't know if Jenny is actually responsible for this, or if she just annoyed Kofi til she got her way," you joked.

Steven laughed; "Yeah, when I passed him, his eye was twitching like crazy."

The three of you laughed and walked together.

By the end of FunLand, there was the main "party zone," as Jenny called it. They had set up a wedding style tent with a dance floor, tables, and buffet inside.

"Ooh, food!" Connie ran ahead, leaving you and Steven to watch her go. You both laughed.

"Her parents have been smothering her since she got home," Steven explained. "I think they might've forgotten to feed her?"

Your eyes creased with laughter while you continued to walk alongside Steven, your fingers occasionally brushing his while your arms swung. Before either of you could make a move, you made it to the dance floor, where Kevin was busting a move, indeed.

Leave it to Kev to find the dance floor. You smiled, but felt Steven's mood shift.

You kept walking towards Kevin, with Steven begrudgingly following behind you. You interrupted Kevin's sick moves with a small tap on his shoulder.

"Hey!" He exclaimed excitedly before wrapping you in a sweaty hug. He pulled back and you smelled the rum on his breath.

"Mmm!" You blew out a breath and laughed. "Someone spike the punch?"

"Yeah, someone..." Kevin pretended to look concerned before pointing at himself slyly.

You threw your head back and cackled, giving Kevin a playful punch. "You little fiend!"

"Hey, hey, I got Jenny's permission," he shrugged defensively.

"Hey guys!" Connie joined your group with her mouth full, holding a plate.

"Got enough there?" You joked, glancing at her borderline overflowing plate.

"Who doesn't like a pasta bar?!" She exclaimed, spitting small bits of food out on the word "pasta."

You all laughed together but Steven, who was still tense over seeing Kevin. You made questioning eye contact with him before he finally said something; "I'm gonna go... punch," he nodded.

And without another word, he marched off to the buffet table, leaving you, Kevin, and Connie with an awkward air surrounding you.

"Um..." you started.

"I'll go check on him," Connie sighed, quickly cutting you off. You watched as she set off toward Steven and watched their interaction curiously.

💫