Jamie Sees Kevin's "Package"

"That's so sweet," Kevin smiled after you had filled him in on the whole Steven-Connie thing.

"Yeah, it is," you replied thoughtlessly, laying beside Kevin on his bed. Your gaze was locked onto his ceiling fan, the faint dialogue buzzing from his TV playing in the background.

"Is it?" Kevin asked suspiciously. "You don't seem very enthusiastic."

"Wha- yes I do!" You sat up abruptly. "Yay! Steven and Connie! Woohoo!" You hollered half-heartedly.

"You're jealous," Kevin said definitively.

"Uh- I am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"LET'S CHANGE THE SUBJECT!" You threw your hands up. "Oh! How's stuff going with Jamie?!"

"Fine," Kevin glared. "But don't think this conversation is over."

You leaned back with a sigh of relief.

Kevin then went on to explain everything that had happened between him and Jamie in excruciating detail...

💫 (A.N: yes, this is a filler chapter. deal with it <3)

Kevin generally preferred to shop in-person when it came to clothes. He always had to make sure everything fit him perfectly and was in good condition. And besides, where's the luxury in shopping name-brand if you don't get the in-store experience?

So, when Kevin came up with the genius idea to have packages delivered to his house nearly every day for the sole purpose of having Jamie come over...

He would buy all kinds of random shit.

At first, it was all practical, normal things for a person to buy online. Then, Kevin started buying things for other people. He ended up completely spoiling (Y/N) with little gifts.

Jamie would come by maybe every other day or so, package in hand, ready to deliver. He'd knock, say hello, make small talk with Kevin while he signed for the package, etc. Each time, the two would remember something from before.

Jamie once mentioned he still had to deliver to the Pizzas one day.

And the very next day, Kevin asked;
"How are the Pizzas?"

Meanwhile, his Amazon search history reflected several questionable aspects of Kevin's character. Searches including;

- guys
- ranger guy
- ascot
- kerchief
- neckerchief
- scarf
- sunglasses
- cool sunglasses
- cooler sunglasses

On another occasion, Kevin complained about the weather and went on a tangent about spring being an overrated season because when in New England, it rains the entire time. You spend all of spring waiting for it to be spring.

Jamie laughed and thought nothing of it until;

About a week later, the forecast showed rain from sunrise to sunset- leaving Jamie no choice but to make his deliveries with his matching jacket, galoshes, and umbrella.

"Is this what you meant about spring?" Is what Jamie said when Kevin opened the door.

"Yep!"

The two laughed under the storm clouds, the warm summer air keeping the rain from chilling them to the bone.

"You wanna come inside for a bit and dry off?" Kevin offered hopefully.

"I really shouldn't, I-" a loud crack of thunder stopped him short. Jamie changed his mind and leapt inside.

Kevin's mud room was a bit cramped- leaving the two men with maybe a foot of space between them. Jamie was moving so quickly out of sheer embarrassment that he didn't even realize how close they were. That is, until he remembered why he was there in the first place, and got Kevin's package out of his satchel.

Jamie faced Kevin, box in hand, and gaped at how Kevin seemed to tower over him in the small space.

"I... I..." Jamie's hands shook and the package fell to the ground. Kevin nonchalantly bent down to grab it, getting dangerously close to Jamie's... bits. He shivered and looked down at Kevin for a split-second and blushed furiously.

"Ah, sorry about the package-," Jamie turned even redder. "I mean- th-the box. Sorry the box got all wet," Jamie stuttered once Kevin had stood back up, now holding the dripping box between them.

"Don't worry about it," Kevin brushed it off with a flirty smirk, knowing full well what was in the box.

Because eventually, Kevin had ran out of stuff to spend his money on. But not things to waste his money on.

What he didn't realize, however, was that the box had gotten so soggy that the bottom folds threatened to open and expose his questionable online purchases to the guy he liked.

This of course, did indeed happen.

The contents of the box spilled all over the floor, rolling throughout the mud room. Jamie stifled a laugh with his hand when a miniature Lamborghini drove itself into his boot.

"You uh..." Jamie chuckled slightly, "you like playing with cars?"

The two men stood quietly in a room now filled with toy cars strewn about the floor.

Kevin took a deep breath and smoldered;
"Nah, not really."