The Arrested Stays Silent

Start from the beginning

Kliment, accompanied by the other agents, stepped forward into Xiangling's personal space. The recently promoted lieutenant strategically placed himself in front of the chef girl to block her vision of the exit. They trapped her in her own restaurant, beginning the interrogation with a hard slap against the wooden table, knocking over everything on the surface.

"This is a nice place. It would be a shame if it loses one of its chefs."

"I don't where she is...!" Xiangling cried out sharply.

"You're getting ahead of yourself." Kliment could hear her grief clearly.

"I don't know where she is!" Xiangling repeated.

"This girl is useless." Javert pointed with a defeated attitude.

"Archons, I don't know where she is!"

"I don't want to be stuck here all night, Kliment."

"I don't know where she is!"

"Rest easy, Javert."

"I don't know where she is!"

"If you won't shut her up, I will!"

"She never told me she was going to leave- ahh!" Xiangling braced as Javert lifted an arm up to strike her across the face, however, the hit was intercepted as Kliment grabbed a firm hold of his wrist.

"What did you say?" Kliment focused on Xiangling, increasingly putting pressure on the other agent's joints - causing Javert to wince angrily. He asked again, "Repeat yourself."

The chef stared back bitterly, furrowing her eyebrows and sniffing poshly out of pure spite. On the other hand, seeing how the leader Fatui Agent stopped the other soldier from hitting her, Xiangling had to cut her losses and climb into the high ground of awareness.

Only once Javert pulled his arm back did Kliment step forward to tower over a shrinking Xiangling, "What kind of relationship did you have with the Harbinger's Secretary?"

Her lips needed to be pried open for her to speak, Xiangling showed a look of pure resentment as she finally confessed, "She was my friend."

"Your friend?"

"Yes."

Javert bursted out laughing from behind his mask, "The Harbinger's Secretary?! The secretary [Y/N]?! How funny! She's never had any friends while under the command of Harbinger Scaramouche! Kliment, come on, this girl is lying to get us to believe her-!"

"Well maybe from where you're from; she was my comrade!" Xiangling shouted back, mourning at the flashing memory of you calling her that as well. She closed her teary eyes, feeling that terrible feeling reawakening within her gut; regret.

Kliment was amused by this development, and Javert fell silent.

Xiangling continued to cry, "I guess, I failed to fully understand her influence in Snezhnaya - in the Fatui. I thought I knew her so well... I thought..."

Secretary [Y/N] has outsmarted us, it seems... Kliment tried not to look impressed as he pondered about your actions. To run away from the Fatui, to run from a potentially deranged Harbinger, is complete madness. Perhaps it wasn't the Traveller calling the shots, it must have been the cold, calculated secretary-assistant.

No sane person would run off into an unknown nation with little to no knowledge about its people or policies. Kliment figured that this girl crying in front of him was not an assailant - but a pawn. Ironically, the secretary was the one who took control of her own escape. Though, it was only Kliment's speculation.