Chapter 7: The Question

--------------------------------------
(Jonathan's P.O.V.)(I Don't Know if you can see it now so let me know guyz)

I wake up to the giant teddy bear right in my face.

"AHHH", I scream, "Thomas!"

"Haha I got you good", he laughs.

"Stop laughing at me and get out so I can get dressed"

"Alright try not to get startled by anymore freak teddy bears", he jokes.

I grab a pair of skinny jeans out of my drawer and slip them on as well as a Green Day shirt. Thomas introduced me to their music yesterday at the carnival and I liked it a lot so we went to the store and I bought one. I could have just gotten one from Thomas; we are both the same size.

I walk out of my room still barefoot.

"Alright where did you hide my shoes, Thomas."

"Oh nowhere important", he answers.

"I swear if you put then in the refrigerator again...."

I walk over to the refrigerator and open the door.

"Alright Thomas, enough is enough."

"You didn't check the freezer."

I sigh at his childish behavior and open the freezer.

"Thomas they aren't here either."

I look down at his feet and pull a face palm. I guess that's what I get for putting his shoes in the dishwasher.

We have been playing these childish games for quite awhile now. It gets funny when someone comes up with something completely random like car keys in the shower. It took him forever to find those. I laugh again at the thought.

"So where are we going today Thomas?", I ask.

"I don't know I thought we might go down to Worthshire today and look at the mall there; see what we can't find."

"Sounds like fun. I need to look for a job soon since I'm staying here for at lest a long while.", I suggest.

"We could go do that today", he agrees.

"Where should I go and apply?"

"You could come to work with me."

"You know I just realized that; where do you work?", I ask, a little confused.

"I know it's a little cliché, but I work at a punk/emo store. I guess you could relate it to Hot Topic... it's a little hard to explain."

"What's the name of the store?"

"It's called 'Teen Scene' and it's pretty cool. The owner lets you have one free item a week. He's pretty cool."

"He lets you have a free item every week!?," I ask, surprised.

"Yeah, haha. How else do you think I got all these band shirts?", he says with a laugh.

"To be honest, I just thought you were rich," I joke.

"Alright, let's go. I think I can get you a job pretty easy."

We hop into the truck and drive down to the store and walk into the store. I look around in the store. All of the walls are painted black and there are colored lights everywhere. There are various bowls of wristbands and buttons. The wall racks are full of merchandise from many different fandoms and t-shirts are plastered all over the walls. The back of the store is decorated with backpacks and clothing racks.

"Hey there, Thomas!" Matthew greets.

"Hi, Mathew," Thomas replies. "Jonathan, I want you to meet my boss, Matthew."

"Hey," Jonathan replies, a little sheepishly.

"Jonathan is looking for a job here for awhile."

"I think I can help him out. How about he comes in the same as your schedule Thomas?"

"That'll be fine," I reply.

"Alright, you can start today. Come on to the back and get your uniform."

"There's not a uni-" Thomas began.

"Bup-Bup-Bup!" Matthew exclaimed.

Matthew was a tall, scrawny, thin little thing, but he liked to act tough. He had jet black hair with sky blue highlights. He was wearing black skinny jeans such as the ones Thomas was wearing.
I couldn't get a good look at what his shirt said because he was always on the move.

We walked into the back and he opened a box.

"Fresh in today. You can have seven." Matthew offered.

I dug through the shirts in the box. I ended up picking a two My Chemical Romance, two Green Day, All That Remains, and a Three Doors Down t-shirt.

"Alright, you will come in with Thomas tomorrow. His week off ends today."

"Yessir, will do," I replied.

I walked back into the main part of the store. "Okay Thomas, where are we going next?"

"Let's go back to the house so I can cook lunch. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah that's fine. Bye, Matthew! See you tomorrow."

"Later, guys," Matthew replies.

All the way back to the truck, I think about the events of the previous days. I start to form a timeline. First, I wake up in a field knowing nothing. Then, this complete stranger finds me on the side of the road and let's me come stay at their house for a week and then offers to let me stay longer. It's like they don't want me to leave. Then I realize something.
All the clues are there. The playfulness, everything he's done for me. I can't believe that I didn't recognize it sooner. His body language, his awkwardness around me. He's hiding something. I have to know.

"Thomas, do you know anything about me; like before I woke up in the clearing?" I inquire.

He clears his throat an keeps looking straight ahead at the road. "Well... uhmm"

"It's okay if you don't," I say reassuringly.

I can tell he's lying. I can only think of one question that he couldn't answer by lying.

"Thomas," There was only silence for what seemed like the longest time. I couldn't bring myself to ask it yet. I couldn't but, I needed to. Here I go. Ready or not.

"Thomas?" I start, "Do you love me?"

Thomas looks at me, stunned, and swerves into oncoming traffic.

"Thomas, look out!"

Too late...