Chapter 2: The House On The Hill

———————————————————-

(Still Jonathan's P.O.V.)

I woke up screaming and almost hit my head on the low ceiling.

I take a quick look around. I saw that I was I a small room with one window, a small dresser, a bed, and a lamp. I took a closer look at the sheets. They were brown with a blue design in the middle of them. They reminded me of the man's eyes. Or should I say boy? He look about my age, around 24 years old.

I crawled out of the bed and found a stack of folded clothes with a note attached:

"I hope you get to feeling better. Please make yourself at home but do not open my personal study. I have just run to the local market to pick up some things for you."

-Signed: Thomas

I walked downstairs and instantly felt that I was in a house from the 50s. There were pieces of furniture that looked like they belonged in a museum. I don't know how I remembered, but I could seem to place a time period on most everything in the house.

I continued to look around his house until he came back.

"Well I'm glad to see you're okay," He said, breaking the silence.

I stood there not knowing what to say. "I-I guess I'm feeling a little better," I managed to stammer out.

"Well I should probably introduce myself. I'm Thomas," he said, holding out his surprisingly feminine hand.

I shook his hand and said, "Thank you for letting me stay here, I really appreciate it man."

"No problem. Why don't you join me on the back porch for breakfast?" he proposed.

"I think I shall. What are we having?"

"I thought might prepare some breakfast burritos, that is, if it's okay with you"

I couldn't remember if I liked breakfast burritos or not. "Sure sounds fine to me," I replied.

Over breakfast I spoke of the last few days and what I remember of them.

"The only clues I have yet to find are the name, the music, and my contacts on my phone," I explained.

"I grabbed your backpack when I picked you up. Maybe you could look through it now that you are not in the middle on the wilderness."

"Maybe I could," I replied.

There was a long silence as I looked around. I now noticed the river down the hill and the trees on the other side. I looked behind me and saw the large, white abode behind me. I also saw an old, green Ford pickup in the drive.

"What river is that down there?" I ask out of curiosity.

"I don't think it has a name," he replied.

There were millions of thoughts swirling through my head. I would start thinking about something and end on something completely different.

I spent time to look off into the forest. It went on for quite awhile until I saw a town off past it. I could make out a park with a couple swing sets next to the forest.

"Is that the town we go to to get to the market?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"No there is a closer market but that town does has a nice coffee shop if you ever what to go there sometime. I rarely go there very often," He explained.

"I think I should go lay down again, this headache is killing me," I complained.

"Yes, that is probably a good idea, you need to get some rest"

I trudged upstairs to my room and laid down on the bed.

"He's kinda cute," I thought to myself.

Wait why did I think that? That's not right is it? My head hurt too much to think anything of it so I fell asleep once more.

That's when the dreams started...