Chapter 5: Hang Out Day

--------------------

Jonathan P.O.V.

I once more awoke in the bed upstairs. Sunlight filtered through the red curtains. I yawned and stretched. I cringed as I remembered that I had gone through Thomas's things. I had laid the key back down where I left it last night.

I think again of the bright pink note I found in his drawer. How could I have done that? I just walked straight into his private study. I mean it was locked and I intruded.

"Maybe he left the key on purpose?" I think aloud. I quickly keep quiet in case he heard.

I think again of the one note saying that he knew me through Caroline. How could he and Caroline know each other?

I push these thoughts aside as I enter the bathroom to take a shower. I strip down and jump in.

Halfway through my shower, the thoughts enter my mind again. How? Just how do they know each other?

I turn off the water and continue standing there for a moment.

I hear shuffling from Thomas's room. Great. He's up. I hope I can face him without acting awkward.

I finally exit the shower and grab a red towel out of the closet.

I get a headache as a memory returns. Red. Something about red. I try to pull the memories forward. It hurts, but I need these memories; I need to know who I am. I don't notice when I black out again.

-------------------

Thomas's P.O.V.

I get out of bed. It's a nice sunny day outside. I look at the clock. 11:43 A.M. Great. I overslept.

I start to get dressed. I open my dresser and pull out an A7X shirt. I remember when my mom gave me this as a present when I left for college. I slip on the shirt and open up the next drawer. It's full of black skinny jeans. I slip those on right right before I hear a loud thud. It came from the bathroom.

"Jonathan!" I scream. I rush to the bathroom and knock on the door.

"Jonathan! Are you okay?" I hear no response. He needs help.

I take a step back and ready myself.

"One. Two." I count. "THREE!" I yell as I bust in the door.

I rush over to Jonathan. He's unconscious. I'm a little relieved at this because he is still bare. I he was conscious, he would see that my face is very red.

I pick him up and carry him to his room after I dry him off. I clothe him and walk back to my room. I don't know what to do. What do you do with an unconscious person? I decide to let him rest since he didn't hit his head.

I continue with clothing myself. Jet black Converse. Check. Wallet chain. Check. Blue jeans jacket. check.

I sigh deeply. I hope he recovers soon.

-------------------

Jonathan's P.O.V.

I wake up. Again.

"Great," I whisper, " I must have passed out again. But how did I get in my bed?

I blush as I realize that Thomas must have carried me in here from that bathroom. I turn more and more red as I think about it, so I stop and get up.

I slowly walk downstairs as to try to avoid Thomas as long as possible. I didn't want an awkward meeting. I go and sit on the couch. an watch the TV.

I can't remember what shows I like, so I tune the TV to a show called 'Supernatural' I watch as the characters, Sam and Dean, argue over something pointless to me.

"Hey"

I jump and turn around quickly.

"Don't scare me like that!" I exclaim. "And by the way..." I pause to breath,"...I remember my name; It's Jonathan"

"That's great!" He almost shouts.

I am trying really hard not to blush right about now.

"We should go get some lunch to celebrate," he proposes.

"Sure, sounds great."

"Great! I know the perfect place. you can go any time and play an instrument or sing. It's kinda like a karaoke bar, but during the day," He explained.

"Sure sounds fun." I was lying but if it made him happy I would go. Who knows? Maybe I'll enjoy it.

We got into the truck and we set off. Thomas seemed to enjoy driving this truck for some reason. I tried to avoid talking in case the incident this morning came up.

He looked over at me, pretending to be checking the mirror. I could have sworn I saw him blush a little.

We arrived at the karaoke bar and walked inside.

"Hello, my name is Kaci, and I'll be your server today. Please take a seat wherever you like."

Thomas led me back to the back corner where we could both see the stage pretty well.

"What can I get you to drink today?" Kaci asked.

"We will both have a large Dr.Pepper" Thomas spoke.

"Okay, we will have that right out for you." She spoke.

I was both concerned and relieved. I was concerned that Thomas would know what I like but relieved that I didn't have to spend too much time worrying about what I liked.

"Next up to the stage are Angel B. and Mkayla L.! Please join me on stage."

When they got up there he turned to a short, Mexican girl with black hair put up into a ponytail. She was wearing and A7X shirt quite similar to the one Thomas was wearing. "What's your name ma'am?"

"I'm Angel, and this is my friend Mkayla." She pointed to another girl who was about her height with blonde hair. She was wearing a Pierce The Veil shirt and denim shorts.

"Alright and what song will you two be performing today?"

"We would like to preform 'Dear God' by Avenged Sevenfold." she spoke.

"Alright! Let's hear a round of applause for these two girls." the announcer exclaimed.

The Angel girl turned around and picked up the electric guitar while Mkayla picked up a microphone.

"A lonely road, crossed another cold state line..." I stopped listening when the waitress brought out our drinks and food.

I hadn't even noticed that Thomas had ordered a plate of fried cheese sticks.

I tried one to find out if I liked it. It was actually pretty good. I also took a sip of my drink and turned my attention back to the song.

"Some search, never finding away...", They continued.

I turned to Thomas. "Thanks for bringing me here man. It's really cool.

We talked a little more while the girls continued singing.

"I'm missing you once again, oh no... once again" they finished.

"One more time for Angel and Mkayla!" The announcer practically shouted this time and everyone clapped.

I turned back to Thomas once more and we sat there talking. the announcer went through the same routine with every person that went up there.

The newest people were playing a slower song now. I think it was 'Famous Last Words' by a band called My Chemical Romance or something like that. When I was thinking I was not aware that the space between Thomas and I was closing. And it wasn't him leaning in...