Chapter Thirty-Eight : Her True Self

He felt a sense of deja vu, seeing Y/N laying lifeless in front of him. Her eyes slowly opened, seeing Laurance looking down. He held her hand to his chest gently, her eyebrow went up slowly. 

"Wow Laurance, you're acting like I just died.." she slowly spoke, smiling at him as she made eye contact. 

Her throat was a bit dry and she could feel the little cut had already healed. Laurance didn't know what to do so Y/N greeted him with a bear hug. She didn't want to let go, neither did he, the warmth was back.

Eren cleared his throat, causing the two to separate quickly. Y/N gets up and pushes past the guards and grabs the king's hands. "Eren, I'm so sorry.."

He looks at Y/N with the most genuine look of relief before holding her hands back, "It's alright.. and I don't expect you to marry me.."

"I know.." she smiles before reaching into her pocket to pull out the antique watch Mir was given. "Here.. I can't take this from you Eren."

He shook his head, "You can't give back something that was already given to you Y/N, that's just bad manners." That gets a light chuckle out of her. 

"I suppose you're right Eren." Her hand closes around the watch, putting it back into her pocket. 

"I guess this is goodbye again?" Y/N only shook her head, "I'll visit as often as I can. Next time I come you better have found a queen who can treat you right,"

It was Eren's turn to laugh, "I can't promise that.."

They both finished saying their goodbyes and Laurance up to her as she finished talking to Eren. He put his arm around her shoulder which had Eren watching with an amused expression. "We gotta get Elias before we leave."

She pushed his hand off her shoulder, nodded towards Eren, and started leaving, Laurance trailing behind her. Laurance couldn't stop smiling and glancing at Y/N every chance he got. He wanted to hold her, but now wasn't the time for that. They needed to get back to the island safe. 

But first they need to grab Elias. 

After a long hug from Elias and some catching up, Y/N had grabbed her stuff from the castle long ago so she was ready to leave. Even though she was still in the dress, she wanted to leave as soon as possible. They all went towards the small boat Laurance and Elias came in and made a quiet exit. 

It's finally over..

Now Y/N knew that she wouldn't be getting an answer from Mir. She could relax, for now anyways. 

Laurance and Elias were busy talking and rowing the boat, letting Y/N have some time for herself since she did kind of just come to life a little while ago. He looked up at the sky, the colors of it mixed up. Blue orange, pink, the colors of a sunrise. She smiles being able to see it with her own eyes again. 

They were able to make the trip in two days, Mir must've been going real slow if he made the trips in three. Once they were finally back on land, they went into Meteli, talking to Elias for a bit. 

"Elias, please take care, if you ever need anything, or if you just want to talk, send a letter over."

"I will," he pulls her into a short hug, pulling away gently so he could hug Laurance aswell. This surprised both Y/N and Laurance. "Thank you for getting her back safe.."

Laurance pats his back and they separate. Before Elias leaves he goes back over to Y/N and leans in to whisper, "You guys would look good together," Y/N felt her face heating up as he winked playfully and walked off. 

Laurance looked at her curiously, "What was that all about..?" 

"Nothing!" She laughs nervously, before starting to walk toward the dock so they could head to Phoenix Drop.